Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Blakeview - Adelaide

Blakeview - Adelaide

Old Jun 17th 2007, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of
Default Blakeview - Adelaide

Hi just wondering if any of you have any information on Blakeview.

Whats it like?
House Prices?
Much work?

Any information would be great.

Thanks

Nicky
Old Jun 17th 2007, 11:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Blakeview - Adelaide

Originally Posted by Ozzy Fever

Whats it like?
House Prices?
Much work?

Thanks

Nicky
It's got a very good primary school, that's about all I know

Speak to Matt&Julia, she lived near there last year so will be able to tell you more than anyone.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 11:45 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Blakeview - Adelaide

Whats it like?
House Prices?
Much work?

Thanks

Nicky
Well established suburb 33km (20 miles) northeast of Adelaide. House vary from old with larger blocks (around 700 sqm) to new with very small blocks (around 450 sqm). Prices range between $220,000 - $370,000. (For examples of the local real estate, click here, here, here, here, here, and here,).

Easy access to the CBD via Main North Road or the train. Several large shopping centres and standard amenities (medical centre, pharmacy, school, etc.)

It's on the border of several suburbs already rising in value, so I would expect Blakeview prices to follow this trend in the next 6 months.

Old Jun 18th 2007, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Well established suburb 33km (20 miles) northeast of Adelaide. House vary from old with larger blocks (around 700 sqm) to new with very small blocks (around 450 sqm). Prices range between $220,000 - $370,000. (For examples of the local real estate, click here, here, here, here, here, and here,).

Easy access to the CBD via Main North Road or the train. Several large shopping centres and standard amenities (medical centre, pharmacy, school, etc.)

It's on the border of several suburbs already rising in value, so I would expect Blakeview prices to follow this trend in the next 6 months.

Thanks for the reply, how far is it away from the beach? and would it be ok for a 16 year old?

Is there much work in Adelaide? I am currently a housing officer and hubby gas engineer, but would not mind what we did as long as we had some pennies coming in.
Old Jun 18th 2007, 10:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply, how far is it away from the beach? and would it be ok for a 16 year old?

Is there much work in Adelaide? I am currently a housing officer and hubby gas engineer, but would not mind what we did as long as we had some pennies coming in.

Can't help with the job info, sorry.

It's about half an hour to the nearest beach from Blakeview. Only really affordable places you'll find near the beach are probably Seaford, Moana etc in the south. All the other places you're looking at 500k+ for a house.
Old Jun 18th 2007, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wendy
Can't help with the job info, sorry.

It's about half an hour to the nearest beach from Blakeview. Only really affordable places you'll find near the beach are probably Seaford, Moana etc in the south. All the other places you're looking at 500k+ for a house.
Thanks Wendy

We were originally going to Perth but house prices are just too expensive, Adelaide prices seem better but is there much work or would finding jobs be difficult?
Old Jun 18th 2007, 10:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks Wendy

We were originally going to Perth but house prices are just too expensive, Adelaide prices seem better but is there much work or would finding jobs be difficult?

Well there's usually a BIG list of jobs every Saturday in the paper, but I haven't really looked for a while so can't tell you what jobs. I'd say there is about 15 - 20 pages of jobs at a guess.

Best place to look is www.careerone.com.au as they run the job supplement in the advertiser every week.
Old Jun 18th 2007, 10:34 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Wendy

My daughter and s/in law live in Blakeview, they paid 180k for their small 3bed "cottage " still some bargains availble, Check out Andrews farm some bargains still to be had.
Bare in mind that Adelaide house prices are predicted to rise by 15% next year as the SA mining and defense contract boom kicks off............mm
Old Jun 18th 2007, 10:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mr mover
My daughter and s/in law live in Blakeview, they paid 180k for their small 3bed "cottage " still some bargains availble, Check out Andrews farm some bargains still to be had.
Bare in mind that Adelaide house prices are predicted to rise by 15% next year as the SA mining and defense contract boom kicks off............mm

Yep, and with the new Northern Expressway also being built that is expected to have some effect on house prices in the North too.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 11:36 am
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi my name is Ross,

Myself and my family migrated here in Feb, I was a CORGI registered UK gas fitter. I currently work for Origin Energy (bit like British Gas) in the service and installation dept, i belive they might be recruiting again. When we arrived we came straight to Marryatville for the high school, we had to rent in the catchment area to get her in, it is suppose to be the best state school in South Australia.

If I where you I would look closer to the city, if you look round you can still get some good buys. We have researched everyday for the last 4 months and have just bought in Glengowrie near to Glenelg. ( 5mins to beach and 15mins to city by car)

If you would like any advise via my email feel free to ask,

Kind Regards Ross
Old Jul 6th 2007, 1:15 pm
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry having trouble opening your private message, admin says i need more than 3 posts before i can open it, trying to work it out.

If you know how let me know

kind regards Ross