Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Blackwood, Belair, coromandal , etc ADELAIDE

Blackwood, Belair, coromandal , etc ADELAIDE

Old Mar 30th 2008, 12:20 am
Just Joined

adelaide dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Blackwood, Belair, coromandal , etc ADELAIDE

Anybody around this area.. We have lived in Hawthorndene for over a year.. Most poms we know live in Hallet Cove and we would like to meet more locals for bbqs, etc
both around 40 two kidz boy age 14 girl 11 ..Ex brummies love our area hard workin and happy.. Great to hear from anyone
Old Apr 1st 2008, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of
Default Re: Blackwood, Belair, coromandal , etc ADELAIDE

The meets Wendy arranges are an excellent way of hooking up with folks from all over Adelaide.

jacqui (flagstaff hill)
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 11:18 pm
Playing the game

Pinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by adelaide dave
Anybody around this area.. We have lived in Hawthorndene for over a year.. Most poms we know live in Hallet Cove and we would like to meet more locals for bbqs, etc
both around 40 two kidz boy age 14 girl 11 ..Ex brummies love our area hard workin and happy.. Great to hear from anyone
Hey Adelaide Dave

We're in Craigburn Farm so not too far from you guys. Jacqui is right that the general meets do introduce you to quite a range of people, you just missed a good one actually but there will be more and hopefully some a bit nearer our end of town

I see there is another thread on the hills but they're all quite a bit further out aren't they?

Maybe we could arrange a hills mini-meet, we've not been here that long so don't know too many places. Anywhere you could recommend? Oh btw we're 30s with no kids so an evening meet in a pub would be great, but kid-friendly is fine too as we realise we're probably the only expats in Adelaide without them
Old Apr 4th 2008, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pinkie
Hey Adelaide Dave

We're in Craigburn Farm so not too far from you guys. Jacqui is right that the general meets do introduce you to quite a range of people, you just missed a good one actually but there will be more and hopefully some a bit nearer our end of town

I see there is another thread on the hills but they're all quite a bit further out aren't they?

Maybe we could arrange a hills mini-meet, we've not been here that long so don't know too many places. Anywhere you could recommend? Oh btw we're 30s with no kids so an evening meet in a pub would be great, but kid-friendly is fine too as we realise we're probably the only expats in Adelaide without them
We have no dependant kids
jacqui
Old Apr 13th 2008, 6:48 am
Just Joined

Would be a good idea. sort of Mitcham hills meet . The duck the belair anywhere.. just gotta advertise it in the right places i guess.. be good to have a winter meet early may...
Old Apr 14th 2008, 3:12 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Im in Mitcham.... would come along!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 4:14 am
Playing the game

Pinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the roughPinkie is a jewel in the rough

Would be a good idea. sort of Mitcham hills meet . The duck the belair anywhere.. just gotta advertise it in the right places i guess.. be good to have a winter meet early may...
At $7.70 a pint I reckon the Duck is a no-go! For Coopers too, we were really shocked. Don't know the Belair but happy to give that a go - how about we arrange something for the evening of Friday 2nd or Friday 16th of May? Just meet for a few drinks and see who shows up? The weekend of the 10th is Julia's birthday so any drinks will revolve around that
Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

The RSL is cheap!!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 11:11 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Blackwood, Belair, coromandal , etc ADELAIDE

Hey Pompey Blonde
First of all if your a Pompey fan from pompey then i aint speakin to ya as i'm a west brom fan.

Yep the duck is pricey
the belair is about $5.20 a pint
very down to earth old boozer.
i've only ever been the rsl once and nobody was in there
what about the ed or is it too cold for a beer garden::
Old Apr 15th 2008, 4:50 am
Playing the game

Yep the duck is pricey
the belair is about $5.20 a pint
very down to earth old boozer.
i've only ever been the rsl once and nobody was in there
what about the ed or is it too cold for a beer garden::
You'll have to bear with me guys, not been here as long as you. I know what an rsl is and cheap is great by me. What's the ed? We can always wrap up to sit in the beer garden, as long as it's sunny which is nearly always is here
Old Apr 15th 2008, 5:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Wrapping up and sitting in a beer garden sounds good to me, don't they have those outside gas heaters?
jacqui
Old Apr 18th 2008, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

linloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to all

Hi Dave OH and I in Blackwood, I take my dog to the Hawthorndene oval just about every night, ur just round the corner
Old Apr 18th 2008, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

The Edinburough hotel Mitchem God i wish i could remember how to speel after a few teds. bottom of belair road and on the left. sign posted i think . nice beer garden expensive again. If evewryones happy with RSL then so am i.
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:15 am
Just Joined

forgot all about this forum.. been so busy... Anybody still interested
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:43 am
Playing the game

Hey AD

I kept meaning to go back to this thread to see what happened. We're still game and we've now got Linloo as well in Blackwood so there's plenty of us up here.

We got as far as a potential venue didn't we - the RSL? Which one were you thinking of?

We're busy this weekend and there is a general expats thing the weekend after in TeA Tree Gully.

What are people doing on Friday 6th June?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.