British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Blackpool - Gold Coast, Tickets Booked!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/blackpool-gold-coast-tickets-booked-672297/)

Egans Jun 13th 2010 9:13 pm

Blackpool - Gold Coast, Tickets Booked!!!

Well we’ve only gone and done it!! Ye ha. Tickets booked today, leaving Sunny Blackpool on 30 September. PR Visas in place (after 2 1/2 years hard slog) and validated in March this year when we did a recci. On the recci we stopped on the Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast and travelled up to Gladstone, had a decent look around and decided The Gold Coast suited us as a starting point for our new life Down Under. We liked the Sunshine Coast as well and also Redcliffe but decided on the Gold Coast. Gladstone was visited for my work (Mechanical Technician on large factories ICI) but after an 11 hr drive decided this was not for us within 2 hrs, just didn’t feel right. Gold Coast we felt 'we could make a new life here' so here we come. OH (Anne) is a Mental Health Nurse (registered with QNC after the nightmare of IELTS) so Gold Coast Hospital & Robina Hospital are handy for that, I myself will have to work on something smaller than I’m used to but we are both grafters and job searching like mad at the moment, any help will be much appreciated. We will be looking for initial rental on Pacific Pines and see what happens to the housing markets over the next few months, and the exchange rate. The 2 boys Jamie 11 years old and Bradley 3 Years old are really looking forward to it especially Jamie I dont think Bradley gets it all. Feel good now we have booked flights, I must admit we were apprehensive even after the long process we have been through getting everything in place, still loads to sort out but now we have a deadline and can’t wait until the taxi picks us up.

doub Jun 13th 2010 10:15 pm

Re: Blackpool - Gold Coast, Tickets Booked!!!

Originally Posted by Egans (Post 8630631)
Well we’ve only gone and done it!! Ye ha. Tickets booked today, leaving Sunny Blackpool on 30 September. PR Visas in place (after 2 1/2 years hard slog) and validated in March this year when we did a recci. On the recci we stopped on the Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast and travelled up to Gladstone, had a decent look around and decided The Gold Coast suited us as a starting point for our new life Down Under. We liked the Sunshine Coast as well and also Redcliffe but decided on the Gold Coast. Gladstone was visited for my work (Mechanical Technician on large factories ICI) but after an 11 hr drive decided this was not for us within 2 hrs, just didn’t feel right. Gold Coast we felt 'we could make a new life here' so here we come. OH (Anne) is a Mental Health Nurse (registered with QNC after the nightmare of IELTS) so Gold Coast Hospital & Robina Hospital are handy for that, I myself will have to work on something smaller than I’m used to but we are both grafters and job searching like mad at the moment, any help will be much appreciated. We will be looking for initial rental on Pacific Pines and see what happens to the housing markets over the next few months, and the exchange rate. The 2 boys Jamie 11 years old and Bradley 3 Years old are really looking forward to it especially Jamie I dont think Bradley gets it all. Feel good now we have booked flights, I must admit we were apprehensive even after the long process we have been through getting everything in place, still loads to sort out but now we have a deadline and can’t wait until the taxi picks us up.

Good luck guys! It's a really exciting time, Gold Coast is a great choice!

Sally Simpson Jun 14th 2010 1:37 am

Wishing you lots of luck with your move:fingerscrossed::thumbsup:

Suni&Jay Jun 14th 2010 2:34 am

You've pick the right place (IMO):thumbsup:
Good luck & Safe journey

steve`o Jun 14th 2010 7:19 am

Originally Posted by Egans (Post 8630631)

safe journery and good luck guys