Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Black refugees not welcome in Tamworth

Black refugees not welcome in Tamworth

Old Dec 15th 2006, 4:19 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold
Default Black refugees not welcome in Tamworth

www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20932181-2,00.html
Old Dec 15th 2006, 4:41 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Black refugees not welcome in Tamworth

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
Absolutely shocking, very "un-Austraian"
Old Dec 15th 2006, 4:51 am
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

I heard one councillor on the radio saying his motion to bring them in was defeated, but at least he could sleep in his bed knowing he'd tried to do the right thing. Good on 'im!
Old Dec 15th 2006, 5:23 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

'things such as their respect of women in their community'....

Obviously an expert on Sudanese sociology. How refreshing.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 5:47 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

See the redneck hillbilly with the banjo and the chicken on his shoulder in the picture, is he the Mayor..

Last edited by Lord Pom Percy; Dec 15th 2006 at 5:56 am.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 5:56 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by renth
Absolutely shocking, very "un-Austraian"
Un-Australian.. you're kidding, right?. You really trying to say that Australia doesn't have a downer on black skin?
Old Dec 15th 2006, 5:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

See the redneck hillbilly with the banjo and the chicken on his shoulder in the picture, is he the Mayor or maybe the local KKK leader..
And they say QLD is backwards what is he doing to that chicken
Old Dec 15th 2006, 6:03 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Black refugees not welcome in Tamworth

Tamworth is fully of rednecks, Slim Dusty clones and Aussies who wish they were American country/western singers.

Having said that, the issue may be a little more complex than it first seems:

But Mr Treloar said local people and some "redneck elements" had aired concerns at a council meeting about 12 other Sudanese already living in the city, saying most had come before local courts for crimes ranging from dangerous driving to rape.
If that is true, I can appreciate the local residents' concern. Even if it's only a rumour, it will be enough to put most people off. If I heard that a bunch of white refugees with criminal records were coming to stay in my neighbourhood, I'd be pretty concerned too.

I'll need more evidence before concluding that race is the primary motivating factor in this case.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 6:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

I'll need more evidence before concluding that race is the primary motivating factor in this case.
You been back on dem legal books again vash
Old Dec 15th 2006, 7:06 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Tamworth is fully of rednecks, Slim Dusty clones and Aussies who wish they were American country/western singers.

But Mr Treloar said local people and some "redneck elements" had aired concerns at a council meeting about 12 other Sudanese already living in the city, saying most had come before local courts for crimes ranging from dangerous driving to rape.
If that is true, I can appreciate the local residents' concern. Even if it's only a rumour, it will be enough to put most people off. If I heard that a bunch of white refugees with criminal records were coming to stay in my neighbourhood, I'd be pretty concerned too.

I agree with Vash. Its easy to say its racist. However if they have been before the courts on such charges well then who would want them living near them. And any resident living there would have the right to protest (within the legal limits). Dont judge on colour but actions.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

jon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of light

At the end of the day, the mayor is there to represent the people of his town. If they dont want the refugees there its his job to block them. Thats my view anyway. Whats the point of electing someone who then ignores you?
Old Dec 15th 2006, 10:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a John Grisham novel.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 10:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

"They will not take a direction from authorities, so we've got a fairly significant cultural problem," he said, adding that health services for Tamworth's 40,000 population were already stretched.

But if five redneck families move in the health services will be fine If there are only 12 Sudanese there at the moment in amongst 40,000 rednecks they are highly unlikely to cause a cultural problem are they
Old Dec 15th 2006, 10:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps they got the wrong Tamworth and should have tried Staffordshire where probably the dangerous driving and rape allegations would be overlooked in the interests of being PC and not discrimating against colour?

Yeah, I know, this is the way threads often go and no doubt OP will say I just posted it for information blah, blah, blah. Same bucket etc.

OzTennis
Old Dec 15th 2006, 10:49 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Perhaps they got the wrong Tamworth and should have tried Staffordshire where probably the dangerous driving and rape allegations would be overlooked in the interests of being PC and not discrimating against colour?
you left out :
And they'd get a council flat !!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.