Black cars

Old Jun 6th 2007, 4:01 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Black cars

Is it a no-no to buy a car in black in Aussie ? Just thinking of the heat and all that.The car i'm looking at actually has black as its standard colour ( no extra charge)

Lee
Old Jun 6th 2007, 4:27 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Black cars

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
Is it a no-no to buy a car in black in Aussie ? Just thinking of the heat and all that.The car i'm looking at actually has black as its standard colour ( no extra charge)

Lee
what is it a hearse ?
Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:24 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

oooo

comedian

lee
Old Jun 6th 2007, 9:08 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

Old Jun 6th 2007, 9:50 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Lee
Plenty of black cars here. Heat is not an issue with A/C. THey are a bitch to keep clean though.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 9:56 pm
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Plenty of black cars here. Heat is not an issue with A/C. THey are a bitch to keep clean though.
Agreed... We've got a black ute, it's not too much trouble to keep clean .. just need a willing husband to clean it every week!!!

Just need to park it in the shade in the summer otherwise the door handles burn your fingers when you open the door ... ouch!

Sonic
Old Jun 6th 2007, 10:06 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scott&rachel
what is it a hearse ?
Hearses here are white which is weird but makes sense with the heat!

I have a black car. Sure they are "hotter" in summer to get in but A/C sorts that out! They are much nicer in the cold winter mornings though.

Andrew
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

Gothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant futureGothchick has a brilliant future

hi

just bought a black car, it gets pretty dusty. But it looks so cool!!!
Not experienced the summer with it yet though!!!

Gothchick
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:44 pm

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gothchick
hi

just bought a black car, it gets pretty dusty. But it looks so cool!!!
Not experienced the summer with it yet though!!!

Gothchick
We have a black car i agree its gets really dusty, can get quite hot in summer but as soon as the aircon goes on cools down in no time.

kezx
Old Jun 7th 2007, 1:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Mipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud ofMipik has much to be proud of

I have a black car as well.
No problems with the heat (this issue is way overblown) but dust, sand and other dirt do show much more.
Same with scratches.

Does not bother me much though.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 1:36 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

We were told the same "don't buy a black car"
Plenty of white ones around, but the black ones do look extra nice. So if you enjoy cleaning cars then don't be put off.
My car is a dark red colour. I was offered to get it treated so the heat didn't rust the car, but i never bothered and so far so good.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 2:28 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paulrachel
Plenty of white ones around, but the black ones do look extra nice. So if you enjoy cleaning cars then don't be put off.
My car is a dark red colour. I was offered to get it treated so the heat didn't rust the car, but i never bothered and so far so good.
I like the colour of your car, i dont really like white cars there are tons here, I got told that there is a lot of ex goverment cars get put into the car auctions they are normally white thats why there is a lot on the road.

kezx
Old Jun 7th 2007, 2:32 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulrachel
I have found that, generally, if you are told by an Australian to do/buy/whatever something then doing the complete opposite is the right way to go.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 2:32 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

I think my next car will be a white Landcruiser, if I was bored then I'd just park up by the side of the road behind some bushes and aim a camera out of the window at random intervals.

Ah, the hours would just fly by.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Lee

I have a black car and it doesn't seem to get that hot, although I had tinted glass as an extra and this makes a big difference.

It does get pretty dirty though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.