Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bl***y Solicitors!!!!

Bl***y Solicitors!!!!

Old Nov 27th 2003, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bl***y Solicitors!!!!

Today has been a tad stressful It has taken me all week to get in touch with our solicitors as all you get is their voicemail. It turned out that the person dealing with our house sale is off sick which would explain why I'd not heard back from her. When I finally get to talk to someone they tell me that they are waiting for our buyers solicitor to get back in touch with them - it turned out that they reckoned they'd not received anything but hadn't bothered to chase anything up!
I ended up ringing up our buyers to get them to chase up what was going on with their solicitor who it then turned out was away and hadn't bothered to tell anyone where he was up to with any open cases - PRAT!!
I had been told first thing this am that we would not be exchanging contracts before Christmas as searches etc had not been done yet. To say I was a bit cross was a slight understatement as we had said all along that we needed to exchange before xmas so that I could then sort the shippers for the first week in January - I didn't want to book anything until we had exchanged just in case it all fell through.
Anyway by the end of today we (me and our buyer) had managed to determine that the searches had in fact been done and are now wending their way to my solicitor and we will now be exchanging in 2 weeks. (I will believe that when I see it)

I'd love to know what we pay the solicitors for in this conveyancing lark.

Sorry for the rant had to get it off my chest.

Bit the bullet today and ended up booking the flights and the hotel for the night before we fly and I feel much better

Claire
Old Nov 27th 2003, 5:47 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Good on yer - don't let the bastards grind you down!
Old Nov 27th 2003, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: Bl***y Solicitors!!!!

Originally posted by claireg3
Today has been a tad stressful It has taken me all week to get in touch with our solicitors as all you get is their voicemail. It turned out that the person dealing with our house sale is off sick which would explain why I'd not heard back from her. When I finally get to talk to someone they tell me that they are waiting for our buyers solicitor to get back in touch with them - it turned out that they reckoned they'd not received anything but hadn't bothered to chase anything up!
I ended up ringing up our buyers to get them to chase up what was going on with their solicitor who it then turned out was away and hadn't bothered to tell anyone where he was up to with any open cases - PRAT!!
I had been told first thing this am that we would not be exchanging contracts before Christmas as searches etc had not been done yet. To say I was a bit cross was a slight understatement as we had said all along that we needed to exchange before xmas so that I could then sort the shippers for the first week in January - I didn't want to book anything until we had exchanged just in case it all fell through.
Anyway by the end of today we (me and our buyer) had managed to determine that the searches had in fact been done and are now wending their way to my solicitor and we will now be exchanging in 2 weeks. (I will believe that when I see it)

I'd love to know what we pay the solicitors for in this conveyancing lark.

Sorry for the rant had to get it off my chest.

Bit the bullet today and ended up booking the flights and the hotel for the night before we fly and I feel much better

Claire
OOOh I hope that they are not the ones that we are about to instruct!!!

Debs
Old Nov 27th 2003, 6:11 pm
WBB

sounds like a nightmare, i would sack the solicitors and diy.

Old Nov 27th 2003, 6:28 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hi claireg3,

remember it's never as bad as it seems.

House sale will go through eventuallya nd you will get out of the Uk eventually.

Smile, have a cup of tea and sit down.

Talk with the Buyers solisitors and sort it out with a smile on your face. (Remember life's too short and you don't need the stress)

Bye
Markeh
Old Nov 27th 2003, 6:31 pm
WBB

Originally posted by markeh
Hi claireg3,

remember it's never as bad as it seems.

House sale will go through eventuallya nd you will get out of the Uk eventually.

Smile, have a cup of tea and sit down.

Talk with the Buyers solisitors and sort it out with a smile on your face. (Remember life's too short and you don't need the stress)

Bye
Markeh

yeah it could be worse, you could be right back at the beggining of the process, and i bet you would still go through it all again.

you will look back in a years time and laugh about it.

Old Nov 27th 2003, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

know what you mean.....

always paid on time...never had anything done on time, who needs them, did my last conveyancing myself!!!