Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bizzare tax demand from the UK

Bizzare tax demand from the UK

Old Mar 29th 2006, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bizzare tax demand from the UK

Hi everyone

I wonder if anyone has had anything like this.

We left the UK in late November 2005 and we both filled out our tax forms (I can't remember the number P84 or something) advising the Inland Revenue that we were moving abroad for good and we even received a tax rebate each.

I have just got 2 tax demands advising me that I owe in excess of 12000 GBP in outstanding taxes due to a self assessment from 2000-2001 at this time I was employed on a PAYE basis and I have always filled out my self assessment forms and normally got a small rebate.

I have returned the letters stating that they must have been sent out by mistake and if they wanted to discuss it with me they can write to me with a date and time when somebody can come round to my house.

John

Last edited by jond; Mar 29th 2006 at 7:18 am.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bizzare tax demand from the UK

I think you mean 2005!

Someone posted a thread similar to this the other day. I'll see if I can find it....

Originally Posted by jond
Hi everyone

I wonder if anyone has had anything like this.

We left the UK in late November 2006 and we both filled out our tax forms (I can't remember the number P84 or something) advising the Inland Revenue that we were moving abroad for good and we even received a tax rebate each.

I have just got 2 tax demands advising me that I owe in excess of 12000 GBP in outstanding taxes due to a self assessment from 2000-2001 at this time I was employed on a PAYE basis and I have always filled out my self assessment forms and normally got a small rebate.

I have returned the letters stating that they must have been sent out by mistake and if they wanted to discuss it with me they can write to me with a date and time when somebody can come round to my house.

John
Old Mar 29th 2006, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bizzare tax demand from the UK

Here is the thread - I haven't read it all so I don't know if it will help?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...Inland+Revenue