Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bix - are your feet wet?

Bix - are your feet wet?

Old Aug 17th 2004, 12:09 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold
Default Bix - are your feet wet?

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/...?oneclick=true

How far away from you is Boscastle? :scared:
Old Aug 17th 2004, 12:23 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bix - are your feet wet?

About 30 miles - so dry feet.
I'm on the south coast - St.Austell.

The average rainfall for August fell within a two hour period.
River bank washed out and a 10 foot wall of water cascaded down the hill and through the village.

Car park was full and holds 40 vehicles - all washed away into the sea - don't know if anyone was in them.

They reckon the water flow was about 40 mph.

Buildings of 3/400 year age were destroyed mainly I think by the vehicles floating down through the village.

Real disaster; probably as bad as Cornwall has ever seen.
Attached Thumbnails Bix - are your feet wet?-boscastle.jpg