Bix is blue

Old Feb 6th 2004, 6:43 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bix is blue

Down in the dumps today.

Got a call from OZ this morning to say I could only get a temp visa so all those months of planning look like they are going up in smoke.

Wanted to burn all bridges but guess we can't do that on a temp.
Life is a bitch sometimes

Guess the truth is I'm too old

Cest la vie.
Old Feb 6th 2004, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Poor Bix...why did they say that? How old are you?
Old Feb 6th 2004, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that Bix
Perhaps there's a way round it?
Larissa
Good luck!
Old Feb 6th 2004, 6:51 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by podgypossum
Poor Bix...why did they say that? How old are you?
Nearing the half century.

I got no problem with that as we have a spritely attitude to life but it has been limiting in respect of visas and now looks a non goer
Old Feb 6th 2004, 6:52 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Oh poor poor Bix - why have they turned you down? Have you told them about your amazing powers?

Really sorry to hear the dream has died a bit - but there may be another way - have you explored all avenues?
Old Feb 6th 2004, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Are you still coming over?
Old Feb 6th 2004, 7:09 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Default Re: Bix is blue

I really dunno; it's been a battle from the start.

My UK company wouldn't do a transfer but said they would support me if I did move. In truth they did nowt so I contacted the OZ branch personally.

They are really keen and want me there "yesterday" but are small so I would have to pay my own way. Okay I said. They went out and arranged state sponsorship but their agent has now said I could only get a temp visa.

On top of all that I have recently had to do everything covertly cos "a mate" overheard the bosses in UK saying they would try to pull strings if necessary to stop any move.

Treated me like shite for years but now they think there is a chance of losing me they are running a bit scared as I have more experience than anyone else so would leave a big hole. In fact they are about to offer me an improved position!! Bastards!
Old Feb 6th 2004, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bix
I really dunno; it's been a battle from the start.

My UK company wouldn't do a transfer but said they would support me if I did move. In truth they did nowt so I contacted the OZ branch personally.

They are really keen and want me there "yesterday" but are small so I would have to pay my own way. Okay I said. They went out and arranged state sponsorship but their agent has now said I could only get a temp visa.

On top of all that I have recently had to do everything covertly cos "a mate" overheard the bosses in UK saying they would try to pull strings if necessary to stop any move.

Treated me like shite for years but now they think there is a chance of losing me they are running a bit scared as I have more experience than anyone else so would leave a big hole. In fact they are about to offer me an improved position!! Bastards!
Hang on in there Bix- there may well be someone out there who can give you some good advice, once they're up out of bed in Aussie.
Good luck,
Larissa
Old Feb 6th 2004, 7:20 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bix
Nearing the half century.

I got no problem with that as we have a spritely attitude to life but it has been limiting in respect of visas and now looks a non goer
Unfortunately,the reality is if you are over 45 it is virtually impossible to get PR unless you go as a sponsored parent.
Even if you were sponsored by an employer PR would still be a very remote chance.

G
Old Feb 6th 2004, 8:02 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bix
Down in the dumps today.

Got a call from OZ this morning to say I could only get a temp visa so all those months of planning look like they are going up in smoke.

Cest la vie.
sorry i missed this bixy old boy have you contacted an agent to see if there are any other options available to you? just a thought mate
Old Feb 6th 2004, 8:07 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bix
Down in the dumps today.

Cest la vie.

Sorry to hear that mate.

Do you have any other options?
How often can you re-new a temp. visa?

Keep battling.

Jack
Old Feb 6th 2004, 9:49 pm
WBB

chin up monsieur bix, you know everything happens for a reason, right?

good will come of this mate.

Old Feb 6th 2004, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

glhall is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Larissa
Sorry to hear that Bix
Perhaps there's a way round it?
Larissa
Good luck!
Would it be possible for you to come to NZ first get PR then go to Oz on Nz passport. brissies only $420 NZ return. You could go over from NZ on holiday and look around.
Graham
Old Feb 6th 2004, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

You need more than just PR in NZ..you have to get citizenship before you can hop over to Oz...we have scottish friends over there doing just that, but you have to wait 2yrs after PR before you can get citizenship.
Old Feb 6th 2004, 10:40 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally posted by glhall
Would it be possible for you to come to NZ first get PR then go to Oz on Nz passport. brissies only $420 NZ return. You could go over from NZ on holiday and look around.
Graham
Actually Graham we did look at NZ as well but found that even harder to qualify for.

Biggest problem is that I have no qualifications. Have worked 33 years for the same company and although there aint much I don't know about the industry I'm in, that don't get a visa.

There was a Regional Head Quarters visa category that looked ideal but they pulled the plug on it end of last year. Just my luck

The OZ job is full time but don't know if I can risk going on the temp visa. Will have to investigate the implications.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.