British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   the bitterness (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/bitterness-192342/)

jimmyz Nov 21st 2003 4:41 am

the bitterness

I've been a member of this forum for 12 hours and i've been completely struck by the negative postings re. Australia and Australians. Keep up the constructive work.

Megalania Nov 21st 2003 5:17 am

Re: the bitterness

Originally posted by jimmyz
I've been a member of this forum for 12 hours and i've been completely struck by the negative postings re. Australia and Australians. Keep up the constructive work.
Yes, the Aussies are more irritating than a shirt full of kurrajong pods. Amazing for such a small tribe. Good sports too.

HiddenPaw Nov 21st 2003 6:34 am

Ah! I think perhaps you were looking for Grimm Fairy Tales not Grim Tales :D

WBB Nov 21st 2003 8:29 am

lol :D

spigs Nov 21st 2003 8:56 am

someone needs a hug!

Simone Nov 21st 2003 9:08 am

Oh, woweeee, 12 hours!
Just keep reading, and you'll find more! Much more ('negative' (= reality for some) and positive.)

Megalania Nov 21st 2003 9:14 am

Originally posted by Simone82
Oh, woweeee, 12 hours!
Just keep reading, and you'll find more! Much more ('negative' (= reality for some) and positive.)
To sample the depths of dispair, wait until you read about the chocolate !

TraceyW Nov 21st 2003 9:42 am

and the spiders/snakes/man eating crocs..unemployment...drug abuse...crap schools...skin cancer and every other reason why we shouldn't go there!! :(

And are we still going?...... YES WE ARE!!!! :D :D

Simone Nov 21st 2003 9:57 am

Originally posted by TraceyW
and the spiders/snakes/man eating crocs..unemployment...drug abuse...crap schools...skin cancer and every other reason why we shouldn't go there!! :(

And are we still going?...... YES WE ARE!!!! :D :D
lol

Well, I don't see those things as reasons not to go, I see things like that, well, as things you have to be aware of that they're (nearly) everywhere in the world.
It's all here as well(or other 'bad' things), but I'm not leaving here to get away from it all. And if other people are, it's a good thing this forum exists, to enlighten them.
We all know the positives, it's no use posting about that (well, just for the fun of it)
Actually, we don't know the positives, cos some of them can be 'negative' as well:
the weather for example. Most say: positive!
BUt negative(reality): it can get too hot sometimes, and then there's suncancer, and flies.

Anyway, I think it's not about putting people of migrating, it's about making aware about this stuff. For most people going, it won't change there decision, but for people who are only going for nice weather and no mortgage, I hope they become a bit more enlightened because of this forum.

Anybody understand what I mean, agree?
:confused:
:D

TraceyW Nov 21st 2003 12:47 pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Simone82
lol

Well, I don't see those things as reasons not to go, I see things like that, well, as things you have to be aware of that they're (nearly) everywhere in the world.

Simone82, I was actually being ironic! I am fully aware that these things are in all societies all over the world.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Simone Nov 21st 2003 12:52 pm

Oh, know, I was just saying (not aimed at you in particular!)
That's why I did the lol first! :D

I guess it was aimed at jimmyz.
I find the 'negative' posts both understandable and needed/useful.

OzTennis Nov 21st 2003 1:03 pm

Originally posted by Simone82
Anybody understand what I mean, agree?
:confused:
:D
Yep:)

OzTennis:)

warwick road Nov 21st 2003 1:13 pm

Get with it man,

Negative is the new positive!:cool:

OzTennis Nov 21st 2003 1:15 pm

Originally posted by warwick road
Get with it man,

Negative is the new positive!:cool:
I wouldn't be so sure about that!:D

OzTennis:)

sky Nov 21st 2003 1:18 pm

You need to stick with it a bit longer than 12 hours, there is a good mix of very, very useful information on here
:)