Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

a bit of TV information for you

a bit of TV information for you

Old Jun 21st 2005, 1:43 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default a bit of TV information for you

Firstly Foxtel.

I have Foxtel for the backpackers and decided to get another box for our lounge, we called to get the price and it is $100 instal, the box is free and it costs $20 per month so we asked about Foxtel IQ (the same as sky+) the instal is staill $100 and the box costs $359 but and the big but is it only costs $5 per month, so in total over the 2 year contract so in total it works out cheaper to get the foxtel IQ by $6 over the 2 years.

Another thig I have just discovered is, my dad back in the Uk has a TV card in his computer and can watch his SKy on the computer, he is currently broadcasting it to me here in Australia via MSN mesenger, so if you know anyone in the Uk with a TV card in the computer they should be able to do the same for you. Could be very handy for certain sporting events and Cutting It of course

Kala
Old Jun 21st 2005, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

tommytriggs has a spectacular aura abouttommytriggs has a spectacular aura abouttommytriggs has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: a bit of TV information for you

Originally Posted by JayDeee
Firstly Foxtel.

I have Foxtel for the backpackers and decided to get another box for our lounge, we called to get the price and it is $100 instal, the box is free and it costs $20 per month so we asked about Foxtel IQ (the same as sky+) the instal is staill $100 and the box costs $359 but and the big but is it only costs $5 per month, so in total over the 2 year contract so in total it works out cheaper to get the foxtel IQ by $6 over the 2 years.

Another thig I have just discovered is, my dad back in the Uk has a TV card in his computer and can watch his SKy on the computer, he is currently broadcasting it to me here in Australia via MSN mesenger, so if you know anyone in the Uk with a TV card in the computer they should be able to do the same for you. Could be very handy for certain sporting events and Cutting It of course
Kala
i gotta tv card,how do i do this tho????? or has the old boy got a fancy flash 1???
Old Jun 21st 2005, 1:53 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default Re: a bit of TV information for you

Originally Posted by tommytriggs
i gotta tv card,how do i do this tho????? or has the old boy got a fancy flash 1???
All a bit technical for me,
co-ax spur from sky to tv card in computer
and then in MSN you go to tuning wizard in tools and select that nstaed of the normal web cam, he just changes between the 2.

I hope that makes sence to you as it doesnt to me.

He doesn;t have a flash card, it is just an analogue TV card, nothing special

Kala