Reload this Page >

Bit of info for anybody also apply for De Facto Visa

Bit of info for anybody also apply for De Facto Visa

Old Jan 8th 2004, 12:25 pm
Melbourne, St Kilda

joninoxford will become famous soon enough
Default Bit of info for anybody also applying for De Facto Visa

HI there all!

As some may recall, my aussie girlfriend of 2 years and myself are applying for a De Facto Spouse visa so that I can return to OZ with her when her British working holiday visa runs out in March. We got the application in at the beginning of December 2003, and so far have had an acknowledgement 2 weeks ago from Australia house, with a note asking for us to send a "Prepaid self addressed Special Delivery envelope and original Police Records certificate, and also a Settlement Information Form " (I had sent a certified copy of the police records, had not known about the return enevelope and had already sent the Settlement Form once before).

It occurs to me there is lots of confusion about what is required, and their offical booklet documentation does leave out certain things like including the return envelope (could they not cover that from the £500 fee?!), needing the original police certificate and whether or not to send in your passport with your applicaiton. Also, the offical documentation says that any Stat Decs must be from Australian citizens, which is not true for British applications. So if you are in the process of preparing a DeFacto application, remember these things to speed things up for you! All the best, and I keep you informed of any progress.

Last edited by joninoxford; Jan 8th 2004 at 1:03 pm.