Bit hot today!

Old Nov 11th 2003, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough
Default Bit hot today!

It's been a bit hot today but I'm glad to say the Aussies were whinging just as much as the Poms!! Unusually high temps apparently for November. Was just reading one site which said you could expect temps of up to 32 for 2 or 3 days in November. Well, it hit 40 today, 40.3 in Perth metro area. To be honest it wasn't as bad as I expected, just like walking out into an oven!

It's this evening which seems worse. It's now 10.57pm & it's still 31.4 in Perth metro, higher in other areas like Jandakot airport & Swanbourne. Roll on my new house with aircon cos my fans are working overtime! 39 forecast for tomorrow then cooler but humid for rest of week.

Loopy
Old Nov 11th 2003, 2:04 pm
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bit hot today!

Originally posted by Loopy
It's been a bit hot today but I'm glad to say the Aussies were whinging just as much as the Poms!! Unusually high temps apparently for November. Was just reading one site which said you could expect temps of up to 32 for 2 or 3 days in November. Well, it hit 40 today, 40.3 in Perth metro area. To be honest it wasn't as bad as I expected, just like walking out into an oven!

It's this evening which seems worse. It's now 10.57pm & it's still 31.4 in Perth metro, higher in other areas like Jandakot airport & Swanbourne. Roll on my new house with aircon cos my fans are working overtime! 39 forecast for tomorrow then cooler but humid for rest of week.

Loopy
We had some great lightening strikes over the city this even and a little grumbling thinder but the storm just didn't take hold, and it is sweltering here too.
Old Nov 11th 2003, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

We had a bit of thunder & the flashy stuff too but it hasn't cleared the air, still humid & hot. Glad I'm not the only sweaty one!!

My daughter was saying that if they get three days of 40+ they get the fourth day off, but apparently it's only happened once & the fourth day was a Saturday anyway!

Son's class watched a video this afternoon as it was too hot to work. Neither school has got aircon just ceiling fans. Too expensive I guess but you'd think they'd have it as both are fairly modern new schools.

Loopy the hot
Old Nov 11th 2003, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

Hey girls

sorry to butt in, but just thought I'd tell you that last year when it was, apparently and allegedly, the hottest summer they'd had for years (just as we arrived)...it stormed quite a lot, but for some reason it seemed to make the humidity worse not better!
Wonder why that is??

love sophia xx

Typical that is...we arrived to the hottest summer they've had in ages and also got the coldest winter they've had in ages!! go figure!!!
Old Nov 11th 2003, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

My daughter was saying that if they get three days of 40+ they get the fourth day off,
Maybe if we get 3 days of 40+ I can have the fourth day off as a nag free day. Turn up the heat.
Old Nov 11th 2003, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Loopy

have you got a pool in your garden. You deffo need one in that heat...

take care
booboo
Old Nov 11th 2003, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

What are you complaining about - it's bloody freezin here!!

Regards
Old Nov 11th 2003, 10:56 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Billabong
What are you complaining about - it's bloody freezin here!!

Regards

Far easier to get warmer if your cold than it is to get cooler if your boiling... like we are!!!!!!

Don't live inland... Live by the coast. It's got to be at least 5c hotter here in Ellenbrook than by the sea!!!!!!

Moan, moan, moan. Give me the British weather anyday.

Too hot in summer here , to cold and wet for outdoor activities in winter.
Moan moan moan
No air con in my house and its 28c inside already!! moan
No pool!! Moan Moan

Last edited by janeyray; Nov 11th 2003 at 10:59 pm.
Old Nov 11th 2003, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Booboo - no pool YET but hope to get one sorted out soon.

Billabong - happy medium would be good!!

Loopy
Old Nov 11th 2003, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janeyray - thought about you yesterday when someone said thank God we're not in Ellenbrook!
Have you melted yet?

Loopy
Old Nov 11th 2003, 11:02 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Loopy
Janeyray - thought about you yesterday when someone said thank God we're not in Ellenbrook!
Have you melted yet?

Loopy
Oh Yes, melting as we speak!!! Even thought about putting the house up for sale now and renting a small place by the sea!!!

Old Nov 12th 2003, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Now you don't get me venturing in our pool very often cos I'm a bit of a wimp and the water's normally too cold BUT I have been in it twice in the last couple of days so it must have been hot!

The sea breeze thing really is apparent cos I saw someone from Kinsgley yesterday and they said there was hardly any breeze there compared to where we were. GAWD knows what it must have been like in Ellenbook. Bet the flies were in their element!

Old Nov 12th 2003, 12:45 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by janeyray
Far easier to get warmer if your cold than it is to get cooler if your boiling... like we are!!!!!!

Don't live inland... Live by the coast. It's got to be at least 5c hotter here in Ellenbrook than by the sea!!!!!!

Moan, moan, moan. Give me the British weather anyday.

Too hot in summer here , to cold and wet for outdoor activities in winter.
Moan moan moan
No air con in my house and its 28c inside already!! moan
No pool!! Moan Moan

I can't believe the temps I've seen for Perth. Here's me thinking Melbourne was hot at the mo - we've 'only' had mid 20s - and you lot are near on 40!!

I remeber last summer tho, one Friday it was 39 degrees and I had to cycle home from work - I could hardly breathe. The next day it was 45 and the only place we could get cool was in the local shopping mall cos we had no air con at home.
Old Nov 12th 2003, 1:09 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by janeyray
When we first arrived an estate agent said to us 'We laugh at all the British because as soon as they get here they want to go and live in the Hills. Obviously unless you arrive in Summer you can't imagine living in 40c.

We too don't have aircon and the fan has been on the go for 24 hrs. But when you go into a shop with aircon its blommin freezing, so the poor sods working there are freezing all day and then the heat must hit them when they get out.

We don't have a pool either but Chris braved a dip in the ocean yesterday, a safe although not picturesque beach just North of Fremantle. The other thing that I thought about was how you limit your exposure to the sun when you are living in it everyday, we saw lots of very tanned people on the beach and after school, mums and children flooded onto the beach, when the day had reached its hottest temps

When we travel on holiday, it is probably easy to over expose yourself to the harmful rays but you think well I'm only here two weeks, but when you live in months of it, I reckon you are best trying to keep cool and sit in the shade.

But then Chris tells me "I don't get it"
Old Nov 12th 2003, 1:23 am
owieb

Originally posted by Jirrupin
The other thing that I thought about was how you limit your exposure to the sun when you are living in it everyday, we saw lots of very tanned people on the beach and after school, mums and children flooded onto the beach, when the day had reached its hottest temps

When we travel on holiday, it is probably easy to over expose yourself to the harmful rays but you think well I'm only here two weeks, but when you live in months of it, I reckon you are best trying to keep cool and sit in the shade.
I'm very cautious of the sun, it is so easy to burn and because of the heat I always try and seek out the shade. We've had friends come over and they just can't wait to get out in the sun whereas we'll hed for the nearest tree or cover. The same goes for wandering around town, I'll always try and avoid walking in direct sunlight.

The only downside is when I'm out on the water, but I'm normally covered in suntan cream, I wear a helmet so my head is protected and I have some zinc cream that I put across my nose and under my eyes (makes me look like adam ant!).

As a welcoming present for people when they come out to see us, we buy them a hat and make them wear it! :lecture:

BTW yesterday was the hottest November day in Perth since 1913.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.