British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   On a bit of a downer today! :( (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/bit-downer-today-311183/)

GrantP Jun 29th 2005 5:33 pm

On a bit of a downer today! :(
 
I just noticed Fraser's ticker in his signature, and thought I WANT ONE!! ...and after putting in my contracted start date for my new job in Brisbane, it's reminded me that my visa will never be here in anywhere near enough time! :( ..I'll be lucky if I make 1st September!! :(

...and on top of that, I fear my medical results have gone wondering too! :( (those that have read my thread in the other forum will already be aware of this!!)

....Anyway, who can cheer me up???? :confused:

Anne4Terry Jun 29th 2005 6:08 pm

Re: On a bit of a downer today! :(
 
YOU HAVE A JOB TO GO TO!!!, the sun is shining, YOU HAVE A JOB TO GO TO!!!, your medicals will turn up,YOU HAVE A JOB TO GO TO!!!, you have loads of friends on here and....YOU HAVE A JOB TO GO TO!!!

:D :beer: :D

Anne4Terry Jun 29th 2005 6:12 pm

Re: On a bit of a downer today! :(
 
Oh and I'm going to send you some good luck finding medicals karma.
Plus.....YOU'VE GOT A JOB TO GO TO!!!! :D

fraser Jun 29th 2005 6:17 pm

Re: On a bit of a downer today! :(
 
What Anne said ^^^

I'd wait a couple of months more if I had a job.

I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do, saying that good luck with a speedy conclusion :D

paulf Jun 29th 2005 6:17 pm

Re: On a bit of a downer today! :(
 

Originally Posted by GrantP
I just noticed Fraser's ticker in his signature, and thought I WANT ONE!! ...and after putting in my contracted start date for my new job in Brisbane, it's reminded me that my visa will never be here in anywhere near enough time! :( ..I'll be lucky if I make 1st September!! :(

...and on top of that, I fear my medical results have gone wondering too! :( (those that have read my thread in the other forum will already be aware of this!!)

....Anyway, who can cheer me up???? :confused:

Fraser and his ticker causing trouble eh!

GrantP Jun 29th 2005 6:32 pm

Re: On a bit of a downer today! :(
 

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Oh and I'm going to send you some good luck finding medicals karma.
Plus.....YOU'VE GOT A JOB TO GO TO!!!! :D

Thanks!! :D ....that's put a little smile on my face!! :D

bridiej Jun 29th 2005 7:30 pm

Re: On a bit of a downer today! :(
 
What Anne says!

Come on, you're so close dont get downhearted!! :D

Bix Jun 30th 2005 2:00 am

Re: On a bit of a downer today! :(
 
The road is long and bumpy :(

But you have good suspension so ride it out mate :)

GrantP Jun 30th 2005 8:22 am

Re: On a bit of a downer today! :(
 
Thanks to everyone for their kind words and karma! :)

Feeling a little happier today! :) ....I'll be passing my main application over to the nice and reliable bloke from DHL!

GrantP Jul 1st 2005 10:36 am

Re: On a bit of a downer today! :(
 

Originally Posted by GrantP
Thanks to everyone for their kind words and karma! :)

Feeling a little happier today! :) ....I'll be passing my main application over to the nice and reliable bloke from DHL!

S'all cool! :D ....it seems my meds were never lost, I just got some duf info!! :rolleyes: ...and my visa application is finally on it's way!! :D

...still not likely to make my original employment start date, but at least things are on the move again!!

Thanks everyone for your support, it's much appreciated!! ;)

biggy Jul 1st 2005 12:24 pm

Re: On a bit of a downer today! :(
 

Originally Posted by GrantP
S'all cool! :D ....it seems my meds were never lost, I just got some duf info!! :rolleyes: ...and my visa application is finally on it's way!! :D

...still not likely to make my original employment start date, but at least things are on the move again!!

Thanks everyone for your support, it's much appreciated!! ;)

lol nice one mate

coxfamuk Jul 1st 2005 12:29 pm

Re: On a bit of a downer today! :(
 
Hang in there - it will pass quite quickly and before you know it, you will be starting your new job and enjoying all the pleasures that Aussie life has to offer, you lucky thing.

Some k for you ;)

Sarah

gogdownunder Jul 1st 2005 2:11 pm

Re: On a bit of a downer today! :(
 

Originally Posted by GrantP
S'all cool! :D ....it seems my meds were never lost, I just got some duf info!! :rolleyes: ...and m[LEFT]y visa application is finally on it's way!! :D

...still not likely to make my original employment start date, but at least things are on the move again!!

Thanks everyone for your support, it's much appreciated!! ;)

Wrecsam bois rule oce!!

Dreamaway 10 Jul 1st 2005 2:13 pm

Re: On a bit of a downer today! :(
 
Sending you some Karma.

GrantP Jul 1st 2005 2:43 pm

Re: On a bit of a downer today! :(
 

Originally Posted by gogdownunder
Wrecsam bois rule oce!!

Well said!! :D


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:04 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.