Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A bit concerned...

A bit concerned...

Old Dec 23rd 2003, 6:09 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice
Default A bit concerned...

last friday get an e.mail from the dima...you havent authorized payment by credit card to us so we cant take the money...24 hrs to sort it or we send back the application...Of course I was freaking Noooo please dont send it back...Foned the bank told them to authorize and sent back a mail with my credit cards again just incase I'd put the wrong numbers down(well you never know)plus the bank said they could see no record of them trying to take the money which made me suspisious....well Ive just looked at my bank and they still havent taken it...god I hope it aint on the way the back cos of that....I never knew I had to tell the bank/c.c.company to let them take the money...but I do now..has this happened to any one else or am I the only one who missed that bit of small print...?
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A bit concerned...

Originally posted by peppi
last friday get an e.mail from the dima...you havent authorized payment by credit card to us so we cant take the money...24 hrs to sort it or we send back the application...Of course I was freaking Noooo please dont send it back...Foned the bank told them to authorize and sent back a mail with my credit cards again just incase I'd put the wrong numbers down(well you never know)plus the bank said they could see no record of them trying to take the money which made me suspisious....well Ive just looked at my bank and they still havent taken it...god I hope it aint on the way the back cos of that....I never knew I had to tell the bank/c.c.company to let them take the money...but I do now..has this happened to any one else or am I the only one who missed that bit of small print...?
Ours came straight out of my hubbys current account (which showed up on his monthly statement) so sorry i can't help you but just wanted to wish you all the best and i hope that they sort it out for you soon
best wishes
rach, mark and chanelle
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 6:52 pm
Have only gone and GOT IT

Bed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the roughBed Of Roses is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by peppi
I would guess not""""""" there is so much stuff to member!!!!

hope it all goes ok keep us all informed thanks for yet another vital tip on migration cos i am sure we would have cocked up in the same manner as well as loads of others.

at the risk of shouting in a pozi way.

POWER TO THE FORUM and all the plums advice! cos true life experience is the best advice
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 7:31 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

A few days after sending our application my husband misplaced the credit card, thought it was lost, thus cancelled the card.

We got an email that stating they were having difficulty processing our application due to the fact the credit card was declined - which given it was cancelled was no surprise.

Replied the same day (actually gave us 7 days for new details), and the following day received an email from the same person which was the 'acknowledgement' and file number.

Maybe if you have not received this second email it may be worth sending another email asking if payment details are ok.

It may also be that the offices closed for the holidays last Friday, the next working day for them maybe in the NY giving reason for their lack of reply.
Old Dec 23rd 2003, 8:35 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Originally posted by walaj
A few days after sending our application my husband misplaced the credit card, thought it was lost, thus cancelled the card.

We got an email that stating they were having difficulty processing our application due to the fact the credit card was declined - which given it was cancelled was no surprise.

Replied the same day (actually gave us 7 days for new details), and the following day received an email from the same person which was the 'acknowledgement' and file number.

Maybe if you have not received this second email it may be worth sending another email asking if payment details are ok.

It may also be that the offices closed for the holidays last Friday, the next working day for them maybe in the NY giving reason for their lack of reply.
I did wonder that ...I hope you are right...