Bishops move

Old May 28th 2003, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

TIZUS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bishops move

Has anyone had any experience of this company?

We are thinking of using them to ship our bits and bobs

Tori
Old May 28th 2003, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Have no experiance but i know that Abergas used them to go to Perth, but i`m not sure when her furniture will arrive.

Terry G did a poll on removal firms there may be more info in those threads.

footie chick
Old May 28th 2003, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

parrot is an unknown quantity at this point

We had them round yesterday morning to give us a quote. The rep was very nice but don't know how much it's going to cost yet. We're only taking about a quarter of a container. Others we had round are John Mason and Anglo Pacific and then a post quote from PSS. I can let you know more when we have all the quotes in...
Parrot
Old May 28th 2003, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

Growler is an unknown quantity at this point

We are at that stage too. we have lined up visits from PSS, excessbaggage and bishops move. any others that we should speak to?

Thanks,
Old May 28th 2003, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

TIZUS is an unknown quantity at this point

We also had pickfords and Avalon round, just waiting for quotes.
Not impressed with Pickfords didn't seem very interested, Husband was impressed with Avalon, here for over an hour very imfomative but they have had bad press on here!

Bishopsmove where here this morning really helpfull. Just wondered if anyone had any first hand experince of bishopsmove??

Tori
Old May 28th 2003, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

BJKLiffey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by TIZUS
We also had pickfords and Avalon round, just waiting for quotes.
Not impressed with Pickfords didn't seem very interested, Husband was impressed with Avalon, here for over an hour very imfomative but they have had bad press on here!

Bishopsmove where here this morning really helpfull. Just wondered if anyone had any first hand experince of bishopsmove??

Tori
We also had Bishops movers out yesterday , they seemed extremely helpful , we have also had Brittania out who did not spend as much time go through the process.

Pickfords couldn't be bothered to ring back ,

Once we have a quote I'll let you know.

Karen & Brendan
Melbourne Bound 26th August
Old May 28th 2003, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

Growler is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like Bishops move is the most popular.

I remember someone saying there was a company owned a woman who sent all her staff to packing classes. Anyone remember that?
Old May 28th 2003, 3:23 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Had 7 views and quotes highest by about £2000 was Avalon absolute losers terrible rep.

taking everything into cnsideration I am chosing between two companies their qotes were VERY close £120 difference AND THEIR INSURANCE QUOTES WERE ALSO COMPLETE AND CLOSE

At present my first choice is PSS (bcause of the rep really)
2nd choice Bishops Move

PSS also followed up with - from australia - a communication, map and information about the packing unpacking and what happens in ausralia, from their australian partners - Kent Removals - who I think have clicked it for me.
Old May 28th 2003, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

it's weird, PSS wouldn't come out to see us and sent us a list to fill in that we had to post back. Have to say because of that they are not our favourite so far. I think Bishops Move man said they also use Kent Removals. The reason why Bishops Move is my fave at the mo was that he said they could take their time about shipping our stuff to Melbourne rather than charge us storage at the other end as we're travelling for a bit. haven't got the actual quote yet tho! That may change things. He did say that the insurance company they use covers you for everything. the others didn't cover for electrical malfunction, or whatever it's called.
Parrot
Old May 28th 2003, 7:16 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

PSS insurance covers for everything also They offered to reduce my bill by £100 if I opted for a longer journey - they would go through the Suez canal and take 10 weeks.
Old May 28th 2003, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

gormaymax is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by footie chick
Have no experiance but i know that Abergas used them to go to Perth, but i`m not sure when her furniture will arrive.

Terry G did a poll on removal firms there may be more info in those threads.

footie chick
Roughly how much are we talking about to ship a container to Perth, as this is the next stage for us, getting them all round
Old May 29th 2003, 6:46 am
too busy to work members

I suggest a search under removal costs or similar on this site I gave all 7 quotes on one thread and so did lots of others from ab out £2850 to £5000 per 20 ft container - 1050 cu ft. door to door everything included except insurance (from 1% to 4%) and customs search charges (done by time taken)
Old May 29th 2003, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by yafm
PSS insurance covers for everything also They offered to reduce my bill by £100 if I opted for a longer journey - they would go through the Suez canal and take 10 weeks.
A word of caution about PSS and their insurance - we had several items damaged and it took a hell of a lot of photographs, quotes, and arguments to get them to pay up!!!
Old May 29th 2003, 12:13 pm
too busy to work members

was it PSS who were difficult or were you dealing with the insurance company direct? why were there damages were you not happy with the packing what caused it etc.
Old May 29th 2003, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by yafm
was it PSS who were difficult or were you dealing with the insurance company direct? why were there damages were you not happy with the packing what caused it etc.

yes, would be good to know as we had all our quotes in this morning and they were the cheapest by far. And spoke to them at lunchtime and they seemed really nice, so totally changed my mind from earlier post and now pss is favourite. Any info would be great to know...
parrot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.