Bishops move

Old May 29th 2003, 2:49 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

This is the first anti-PSS that I have seen in these posts and I need a good reason now for me to write them off as they are 'my favourite choice at present' Any information I should have would be appreciated.
Old May 30th 2003, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by yafm
was it PSS who were difficult or were you dealing with the insurance company direct? why were there damages were you not happy with the packing what caused it etc.
Hi,

It was PSS. Not sure why the damages occured. The PSS removal men in the UK were fantastic. They arrived on time, really knew what they were doing, packed enough stuff for a 40` container into a 20` container with NO ROOM TO SPARE (and I mean that) and packaged it all up very well. They were brilliant!!!

Now whether the Maersk whateverhernamewas had a rough voyage, or the Australian cargo handlers had had a few too many stubbies, I can`t say, but by the time it was all unloaded at our new house here, the damages had occurred.

also, the Australian removers (don`t know/can`t remember what their name was) were not nearly as professional as the UK side of the operation, and were very bolshy to say the least.

In the UK, the PSS removal team were friendly, helpful and very obliging.
Old May 30th 2003, 6:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosy is an unknown quantity at this point

was it PSS who were difficult or were you dealing with the insurance company direct? why were there damages were you not happy with the packing what caused it etc.
Yvonne, forgot to put this on my other reply to you -

We were initially advised by PSS that it would be Kent Removals dealing with us at the other end. PSS sent us all the info. on Kent, and all our documentation was forwarded to Kent in Oz. However, when we arrived and chased up PSS to find out when our shipment would be arriving (it hadn`t arrived when they said it would) - it turned out that the cargo had been transhipped TWICE (we were originally told it would not be transhipped at all) and also that it would not be Kent dealing with us in Oz.

This led to a fair amount of confusion, a lot of extra hassle this end (and you don`t need any more hassle when you arrive!!!)

PSS also tried to charge us £500 extra because we hadn`t paid their Invoice - which had been sent to Kent and had never been passed on to us!!!

If I were doing it again, I think I would use a company like Pickfords, who handle it all both sides.
Old May 30th 2003, 12:35 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Thanks for all that info I have actually received a load of info direct from Kent removals in australia which is why I was very impressed with both sides professionalism. As with me it is a choice between PSS and Bishops move it looks as if I still need to make my decision???????????//
Old May 30th 2003, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

parrot is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all that info I have actually received a load of info direct from Kent removals in australia which is why I was very impressed with both sides professionalism. As with me it is a choice between PSS and Bishops move it looks as if I still need to make my decision???????????//

I'm trying to make the same choice. I think what it comes down to for us is that PSS are considerably cheaper. I know cheap isn't always best, but I've checked back on here and never found anything particularly damning about PSS and they were very helpful on the phone. Plus we get to save about £400, which always helps.
Old May 30th 2003, 3:34 pm
too busy to work members

That sounds like a good saving are you having a complete container? The difference I have between PSS and Bishops is about £240 (or £140 if I go via the Suez canal which might be ok as I want to turn my journey to oz into a long holiday) also PSS's insurance is a little cheaper
Old May 30th 2003, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

parrot is an unknown quantity at this point

That sounds like a good saving are you having a complete container? The difference I have between PSS and Bishops is about £240 (or £140 if I go via the Suez canal which might be ok as I want to turn my journey to oz into a long holiday) also PSS's insurance is a little cheaper

No, we were quoted about 241 cu ft, about a quarter of a container. PSS quoted the least space needed, have the cheapest insurance and offer four weeks free storage this end. Our journey to Oz is going to be a bit of holiday too, which is why we may need the storage, but as long as you're in Oz when it arrives there shouldn't be a problem.
Parrot