Reload this Page >

Birth Certificate

Birth Certificate

Old Aug 19th 2002, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

Mars is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Birth Certificate

Hello,

I am in the process of gathering all the documents required for Skilled Independent Migration application. I have a query regarding birth certificate. I am unable to get a birth certificate as my birth was not registered !

However, my passport has all the information required such as date of birth, place of birth, full names of both parents etc. Just wondering if I submit certified copies of passport pages would that be acceptable to DIMIA instead of birth certificate. Does anyone had a situation like this before. Pls advise. Many thanks.
Old Aug 19th 2002, 2:08 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Birth Certificate

hi mars,

how did you get the passport without a birth certificate????
Old Aug 19th 2002, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

Agnelo is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Birth Certificate

Hey,

I have sent in my application with the certified copy of the passport for date of birth with a baptisim certificate also, so far there has not been any problem. It should sufice DIMIA i guess.
Old Aug 19th 2002, 2:36 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Without implying any wrongdoing on the part of the original poster, you'd be surprised how easily one can get (read: buy) a passport from certain countries...
In other countries, a birth certificate can be issued by producing a passport. Amazing isn't it?
Originally posted by yvsie:
how did you get the passport without a birth certificate????
Old Aug 19th 2002, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your responses...

Yvsie, that's a good question, how I did get the passport without a birth certificate. Well, when applied for passport I submitted my school certificate as proof of age (date
of birth). I never needed a birth certificate anywhere until this time. I have been using my school certificate and the passport since I got one 8 years ago.

My Parents told my birth was registered with Birth & Death Registration office at the place where I was born. We no longer live in that town. Recently we visited this office and requested a birth certificate. They said, there is no record
about myself on that date shown in my passport and school certificate !. I gave them certified copies of passport and school certificate, but still they refused to issue a birth certificate as there is no record in their file.

My question is how particular DIMIA is about the type of documents to be sent with migration application. As I said earlier my passport has all the information what usually
there on a birth certificate such as place of birth, date of birth, full names of both parents etc. If I send my application with certified copies of passport would it be acceptable to DIMIA. Is there any other way I can address this issue where I am unable obtain a birth certificate. Your valuable advice would be highly appreciated.

Hi Agnelo.. when did you send your application to DIMIA. Also would like to know whether your baptism certificate has any details about your date & place of birth, parents name etc.

Many thanks.
Old Aug 20th 2002, 8:08 am
Jaj

Out of interest what country are you from?

Jeremy

>On Mon, 19 Aug 2002 18:31:59 +0000, Mars <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Thanks for your responses...
    >Yvsie, that's a good question, how I did get the passport without a birth
    >certificate. Well, when applied for passport I submitted my school certificate as
    >proof of age (date of birth). I never needed a birth certificate anywhere until this
    >time. I have been using my school certificate and the passport since I got one 8
    >years ago.

Old Aug 20th 2002, 8:30 am
Just Joined

Hi Jeremy,

I am from India...

Pls help me with this issue if you can. Many thanks

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jaj:
Out of interest what country are you from?

Jeremy
Old Aug 20th 2002, 10:22 am
A K

Hi Agnelo

I am also facing the birth certificate problem and hope to utilize the passport
details along with an affidavit from a magistrate.

I was wondering how long your case has been in the process with DIMIA or what stage
have you reached already ? It does give people like us some relief to know that we
are not alone with this problem.

Thanks

AK
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Agnelo <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hey,
    > I have sent in my application with the certified copy of the passport for date of
    > birth with a baptisim certificate also, so far there has not been any problem. It
    > should sufice DIMIA i guess.

Old Aug 20th 2002, 11:18 am
Just Joined

Agnelo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey All intrested,

Its not that i dont have a birth certificate, i have it with me, but its from a military hospital(where i was born), but since there was a mistake with a letter 'a' and 'e' misplaced, i did not want to send it since, Oz are quite strict on immigration issues. so if u notice in the Skilled immigration booklet, u would see it specified clearly for a birth certifcate of other legal documents (that could be ur School Leaving Certificate), since the passport carries more weightage, it would be wise to send in both as proof of Age. My application is around 2 months old at DIMIA, and have had my acknowledgement. also was asked to send in my IELTS and My skill assessed certifcate directly from the concerned authorities. Hope this would sufice u people. if more info wanted get me via my mail.

Have a lovely day!
Warm Wishes
Agnelo.
Old Aug 21st 2002, 1:40 am
Helena

"Agnelo" <[email protected]> wrote
    > Hey,
    > I have sent in my application with the certified copy of the passport for date of
    > birth with a baptisim certificate also, so far there has not been any problem. It
    > should sufice DIMIA i guess.

Our experience differs from yours: We were told that baptismal certificate was
absolutely not acceptable when we applied for a spouse visa for my husband. That's
all he had (from Quebec) but were able to apply for a birth certificate anyway so we
submitted that. Maybe they just haven't gone through your documentation yet in order
for the baptism certificate to prove a problem. I'm not wishing that it will be a
problem for you. Not at all. It's just that I'd be surprised if they allowed this,
given our own experience. Things change however. Good luck,

Helena

> --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Aug 24th 2002, 2:34 am
Vidon

Agnelo <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hey All intrested,
    > Its not that i dont have a birth certificate, i have it with me, but its from a
    > military hospital(where i was born), but since there was a mistake with a letter
    > 'a' and 'e' misplaced, i did not want to send it since, Oz are quite strict on
    > immigration issues.

I had a similar situation - grew up in a sort of informal foster care, never used the
name that was actually on my birth certificate (never even knew that name until going
back to do some research as an adult to try to find my biological family), but had a
passport issued in the name I have always gone by - issued with school records,
social security card, and other substantiating information.

Applying for a spousal visa, I never submitted nor was asked for my birth certificate
- the passport was the only document I used, with no problems. It's possible that
the experience might vary depending on the country where the passport was issued...