Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Birmingham/midlands meet ?

Wikiposts

Birmingham/midlands meet ?

Old Jun 12th 2005, 7:41 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Birmingham/midlands meet ?

Bugger! We sat in the bar from 12.30 to 1.20 then gave up. That'll teach me to think I can get away with not wearing my VB t-shirt.
Old Jun 12th 2005, 8:48 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
Bugger! We sat in the bar from 12.30 to 1.20 then gave up. That'll teach me to think I can get away with not wearing my VB t-shirt.
Oh no I thought maybe you were "meeted" out as you have been to so many recently .... anyway how's things with you and yours ?
Old Jun 12th 2005, 11:35 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sel
Oh no I thought maybe you were "meeted" out as you have been to so many recently .... anyway how's things with you and yours ?
Hi Sel

So what time did everyone arrive then? Or were you somewhere else other than the bar area?

We are going to Tracey and Gary's leaving do in a couple of weeks so no sign of being "meeted" out yet! Maybe we will have to venture further afield too to meet some different people.

We are all fine. Sam finishes work in a couple of weeks so will start getting shipping quotes etc but there really isn't much else to do at the moment. I have already opened a bank account, paid off cars ready to sell them and cleared out the shed this weekend but it is only to feel like we are getting closer not actually getting there.

We have another viewing tomorrow from a couple that are already sold STC. It would be fantastic if they were interested but I won't hold my breath. In fact if it did sell that quick we would have a right old panic as I am committed to work for another 11 weeks, we would have nowhere to take the cats and we have some big weekends in August like the V Festival and a day driving a single seater racing car for me.

With working on contracts getting the timing right is so critical. I know I could just walk away before the end but that might jeopardise a reference. The other extreme is having to take a series of inevitably low paying contracts of short durations while we wait. So we have decided that in a few weeks if we haven't sold we are going to change agents and cut the price again as we are so focused on a September departure.

How about you? Have you parted company with your horse yet? The wife of my boss has just done that, only she has done it to fund buying a part share in a light airplane (it isn't just boys that have toys then?!). Apparently when the horse was driven away in turned back to her and neighed. Awww! We rehomed a cat a couple of weeks ago but that went well as she has landed on her feet at a massive house with a sweet old man.

Iain
Old Jun 13th 2005, 12:05 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sel

So what time did everyone arrive then? Or were you somewhere else other than the bar area?

We are going to Tracey and Gary's leaving do in a couple of weeks so no sign of being "meeted" out yet! Maybe we will have to venture further afield too to meet some different people.

We are all fine. Sam finishes work in a couple of weeks so will start getting shipping quotes etc but there really isn't much else to do at the moment. I have already opened a bank account, paid off cars ready to sell them and cleared out the shed this weekend but it is only to feel like we are getting closer not actually getting there.

We have another viewing tomorrow from a couple that are already sold STC. It would be fantastic if they were interested but I won't hold my breath. In fact if it did sell that quick we would have a right old panic as I am committed to work for another 11 weeks, we would have nowhere to take the cats and we have some big weekends in August like the V Festival and a day driving a single seater racing car for me.

With working on contracts getting the timing right is so critical. I know I could just walk away before the end but that might jeopardise a reference. The other extreme is having to take a series of inevitably low paying contracts of short durations while we wait. So we have decided that in a few weeks if we haven't sold we are going to change agents and cut the price again as we are so focused on a September departure.

How about you? Have you parted company with your horse yet? The wife of my boss has just done that, only she has done it to fund buying a part share in a light airplane (it isn't just boys that have toys then?!). Apparently when the horse was driven away in turned back to her and neighed. Awww! We rehomed a cat a couple of weeks ago but that went well as she has landed on her feet at a massive house with a sweet old man.

Iain
When we arrived we ended up having to hang aroung the whacky cos they have changed their rules about parents have to supervise at all times, can understand this with the younger ones tho. So we were at end by food ordering bit and then in whacky.

We asked bloke at bar if anybody had asked about australia gathering and he said no (even tho Bex had asked as well ) ..... Bex 66 and her hubby had overheard us asking .... we definately need your T shirt next time as a beacon

Sounds like your all organised or as much as you can be. The horse is still with me at the moment had a few people come to see her but there are some right wierdos out there that totally havn't got a clue but the right person will come along eventually (I hope). I will definately cry if she winnys at me like that Good news about your cat.

We are in the "waiting for meds" queue so according to other timelines should get those around August so other than that getting on with the usual stuff.

I would have loved to go to Scissors leaving do but we are away that weekend .... anyway hope all goes well with the house and have fun at the party
Old Jun 13th 2005, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

moomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura about

looks like we had a bit of a disasterous meet................. the murphies, woody1974 and me and my lot were by the entrance at the front on the left, which is where the meet congregated last time. next time i think we should all wear cork hats so we are easily identifiable

we had a nice time chatting tho
Old Jun 13th 2005, 5:27 am
I don't do spelling

Murphies is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by moomin
looks like we had a bit of a disasterous meet................. the murphies, woody1974 and me and my lot were by the entrance at the front on the left, which is where the meet congregated last time. next time i think we should all wear cork hats so we are easily identifiable

Oh dear - What a shame - we had a brill time chatting to those other like minded people- we shall have to arrange another meet and this time firm up the meet time and EXCAT location - Moomins shall PM you with the details of the books we talked about & Lilli thought Robyn was lovely !!Has she got a MSN account ?- chat soon
Old Jun 13th 2005, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

bex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Murphies
Oh dear - What a shame - we had a brill time chatting to those other like minded people- we shall have to arrange another meet and this time firm up the meet time and EXCAT location - Moomins shall PM you with the details of the books we talked about & Lilli thought Robyn was lovely !!Has she got a MSN account ?- chat soon

Hi,

I can't believe we were all there at the same time, yet managed to miss one another. I said to my husband, I dare you to stand up and shout " all for Australia - over here" but he wouldn't.

We managed to meet Sel and Stevenpoole9 by default and had a lovely afternoon non the less. You are right, we will have to be more specific next time, hopefully we can remeet soon.

Bex 66
Old Jun 13th 2005, 10:09 am
still searching

woody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nice

r well suppose it was the thought that counted lol. anyway met another new couple off the make there fortune in aus. may meet some more of you next time.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 10:10 pm
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by moomin

What time did you arrive then? We sat at the front until about 1.20 before we gave up and left.

My bright green VB t-shirt has certainly done the trick before but Scissors kept winding me up that I only own one t-shirt so I didn't wear it.

Oh, well!
Old Jun 13th 2005, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

bex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nicebex 66 is just really nice

What time did you arrive then? We sat at the front until about 1.20 before we gave up and left.

My bright green VB t-shirt has certainly done the trick before but Scissors kept winding me up that I only own one t-shirt so I didn't wear it.

Oh, well!
We arrived near the wacky warehouse, we asked the chap seating people if there was a meeting for those going to Australia and he didn't have a clue what I was talking about.

So we just went and sat in the restaurant bit, thinking I had either got the wrong place or date. I heard Sel asking the same question to the same bloke, so we introduced ourselves and had a great afternoon, we had to sit in the wacky warehouse because of the kids, which is probably why you didn't see us. We got there at about 1245 and left at 1615.

Would love the opportunity to meet up again sometime !!
Old Jun 13th 2005, 10:33 pm
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by bex 66
We arrived near the wacky warehouse, we asked the chap seating people if there was a meeting for those going to Australia and he didn't have a clue what I was talking about.

So we just went and sat in the restaurant bit, thinking I had either got the wrong place or date. I heard Sel asking the same question to the same bloke, so we introduced ourselves and had a great afternoon, we had to sit in the wacky warehouse because of the kids, which is probably why you didn't see us. We got there at about 1245 and left at 1615.

Would love the opportunity to meet up again sometime !!
Nothing personal but I hope not to be here the next time there is a meet!!! 2 more house viewings this week so fingers crossed. As we seem to have them about every three months it could be a close call, though.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

Nothing personal but I hope not to be here the next time there is a meet!!! 2 more house viewings this week so fingers crossed. As we seem to have them about every three months it could be a close call, though.
Oh well, good luck with the house sale, where abouts are you heading to ?
Old Jun 13th 2005, 11:11 pm
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by bex 66
Oh well, good luck with the house sale, where abouts are you heading to ?
Perth. After all the excitement of skills assessments / visas where something was all on the go the past two months have dragged so much I was beginning to doubt we were ever going anywhere. So (whisper it) just maybe our ideal of heading out in September might not be unrealistic after all. The next thing will be trying to co-ordinate shippers / pet-carriers / leaving work / flights / holiday rentals.... Then we have to find long-term rentals, a job, cars, schools... Getting visas seems such a small part of the whole process now.

What about you? Where are you headed and why? What do you both do?
Old Jun 13th 2005, 11:20 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

We're going to be over in Brum end of July, beginning of August while my husband visits with his family (he's from Great Barr). He's waiting to hear from Embassy in London on visa interview date.While we're a bit different from the rest of you,( he married me and moved to the US rather than Oz), it's always nice to meet folks who have pulled up roots to be transplanted in another country.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:11 am
sel
~~~

Originally Posted by cindyabs
We're going to be over in Brum end of July, beginning of August while my husband visits with his family (he's from Great Barr). He's waiting to hear from Embassy in London on visa interview date.While we're a bit different from the rest of you,( he married me and moved to the US rather than Oz), it's always nice to meet folks who have pulled up roots to be transplanted in another country.
We are away on our jollies from 30th July to 14th August so it unfortunately sounds like we will miss your time here, what date do you go home ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.