Birmingham/midlands meet ?

Wikiposts

Birmingham/midlands meet ?

Old Apr 22nd 2005, 5:41 am
I don't do spelling

Murphies is on a distinguished road
Default Birmingham/midlands meet ?

Hi everybody
not sure if im duplicating a thread here but ----- today we have heard that our application has been okd- so we are off !! - perth by sept 05- house to sell (though next door neighbours have said they want to buy our house !!)
anyway whilst basking in the glory of it all , (and i have had more than my share of the champers thats been chilling in the fridge for the past couple of weeks ) i wondered are there any Brummies out there who would like to meet up swap horror/ good bad stories - or simply want to chat about the biggest decision in their lives without fear of being phoo phooed/ ignored / attempted to be talked out of etc etc etc - families and friends dont ya just love em !!
Open to suggestions of when and where - and yes even those from the "Dark Side" are more than welcome !!
We are a family of 4 40 , 37, 18 and 10 (+ 2 cats Posh and Becks)
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 5:52 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Birmingham/midlands meet ?

Originally Posted by Murphies
Hi everybody
not sure if im duplicating a thread here but ----- today we have heard that our application has been okd- so we are off !! - perth by sept 05- house to sell (though next door neighbours have said they want to buy our house !!)
anyway whilst basking in the glory of it all , (and i have had more than my share of the champers thats been chilling in the fridge for the past couple of weeks ) i wondered are there any Brummies out there who would like to meet up swap horror/ good bad stories - or simply want to chat about the biggest decision in their lives without fear of being phoo phooed/ ignored / attempted to be talked out of etc etc etc - families and friends dont ya just love em !!
Open to suggestions of when and where - and yes even those from the "Dark Side" are more than welcome !!
You obviously aren't spending half of your life on here like the rest of us because you missed the meet last Sunday. I think there are plans by a group in Walsall/Wolves etc for one soon and there will be another one in the West Mids in a couple of months no doubt. Failing that there is a meet not too far away in Peterborough on the evening of Saturday 7th May / Sunday lunch the next day if you can't wait! We are going from Leamington with our 7 year old daughter and staying overnight. There are also plans for a teenagers meet at the same time which might appeal to your eldest. The more the merrier. PS We are also heading for Perth. Must go and get ready now. Out on the tonight celebrating getting our visa today.
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 5:58 am
I don't do spelling

congrates on the visa !!- its a wierd feeling isnt it - all that waiting and then its like "bloody hell" !!
Anyone else out there wants to meet ?
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Why is it that so many people from the midlands want to leave ( i know really ) i hope we don't convert the aussie ac'cent to a midland tone
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 7:12 am
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Hi Murphies

We sadly missed the last meet (which would have been our first too)
so if you arrange anything for the Brum/Mids area count us in
Carole, Darren & 2 girlies

Cheers

Carole

Originally Posted by Murphies
Hi everybody
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 7:41 am
Here at last!!!

The Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant future

Yes, definately - we missed the last one too. We live in Solihull so meeting up with like minded people would be great.
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 7:08 am
I don't do spelling

Hi everyone-
Great to know there are others out there - Ill get cracking on venue and date - Kiddie tennager and oldie friendly !!- will post details soon
cheers
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

gillies is an unknown quantity at this point

hi murphies.
congratulations on getting your visa, we have just had meds so hopefully wont be long now,(cross fingers). We are just outside birmingham in Kidderminster, would be good to meet up with people who are going through the same nightmare. let us know where and when, Family of 3, Gill,Mark and son Sam 13years.

Gillies.
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 9:02 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to see that some of you missed the last West Midlands meet.

We are in Leamington and would be up for another meet, any excuse

Sam
Old Apr 24th 2005, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Birmingham/midlands meet ?

Hi Guys,

Yes definately up for a meet, we missed the last one too, so look forward to hearing you.

Me, hubby + 2 kiddies.
xxx
Old Apr 24th 2005, 5:36 pm
still searching

woody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nice

well if there a excuse for a drink, count me in as well, have been to a couple of them but missed the last one.
Old Apr 24th 2005, 10:43 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

We also missed the last meet .... so would love the chance to meet up again
Old Apr 24th 2005, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

Goodwin will become famous soon enoughGoodwin will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by karenjc
Why is it that so many people from the midlands want to leave ( i know really ) i hope we don't convert the aussie ac'cent to a midland tone
Oh no don't say things like that. One of the first things i intend to do is try my hardest to get rid of this horrible accent. Sorry if this offends but i hate my accent, personel opinion!!!!
Old Apr 25th 2005, 6:02 am
I don't do spelling

Hi ya all
think we have enough for a meet
so by order of democracy - suggestions please for date and venue please- bank holidays are usually good- cant do 2nd may but hows about 30th may ?- pub is looking likley will anyone want to stay over ?- just thinking bout driving home (and looks like we all like a bevy or two !!) - so maybe somewhere with a pub and hotel - child and teenager friendly :scared: - so date could be Sunday 29th may - leaves the monday for recovery ?
suggestions please......
Sam john and all
Old Apr 25th 2005, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

moomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Goodwin
Oh no don't say things like that. One of the first things i intend to do is try my hardest to get rid of this horrible accent. Sorry if this offends but i hate my accent, personel opinion!!!!

i am with you on that one, won't be sorry if/when mine goes: )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.