Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Birmingham meet up

Birmingham meet up

Old Jan 21st 2008, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

jatman is just really nicejatman is just really nicejatman is just really nicejatman is just really nicejatman is just really nicejatman is just really nicejatman is just really nicejatman is just really nice
Default Birmingham meet up

I would like to arrange a meet up of people who are using the 175 Skilled independant migrant (or even the sponsored migrant 176) visa route. If we got people at different stages of the process we could all help each other...even if its just moral support.

I am almost there with all the information I need so next step is to employ an agent.

Look forward to your responses...

Last edited by jatman; Jan 21st 2008 at 8:47 pm.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

Lindsayc will become famous soon enoughLindsayc will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Birmingham meet up

Hi Jatman,

We applied for a 136 Skilled Independent (the old equivalent of 175) in August and are currently living in Kidderminster. We would be happy for a meet-up in the Brum area and thought would also let you know that you are welcome to attend the Bromsgrove/Worcestershire meet. A lady called Lisa arranges it and we went last Sunday (2nd one we've attended) and there will be another one the beginning of April - Lisa will post a new thread nearer the time. Everyone is really friendly and it's great to share info. Where are you thinking of heading too? We can't make our minds up between Adelaide and Brisbane - depends on where OH gets the best job offer.

Lindsay
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

scooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nice

Hey!

We would come to a Brum meet....! We have a 136 Visa and leave for Adelaide on 28th April.

We would also be interested in another Bromsgrove meet....went to the first one and missed the last one!

Keep us posted!

Dan and Steph
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:35 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to come to a Birmingham meet....

We've missed the last bromsgrove meet!

Now we've got a Visa and we too are headed for Adelaide, but not until the house has sold (have in our heads the end of June though!) and would love to meet up with someone who's on their way with a defo date!
I notice that you're in Tamworth, how does Sutton Coldfield sound??
Ali x
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

linds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nicelinds is just really nice

Give us an idea of dates as we are going to adelaide in march, so hopefully would be able to make one before we go. House sale still going through so holding our breath till exchange on 15/02! then the dreaded shippers!
Carl linds an kids xx
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:50 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

OK, Sunday is best for us as we don't usually have anything on... although the weekend around the 16th is probably out as it's my Nan's 85th Birthday weekend!

So that leaves us with 10th Feb or 24th Feb or 2nd March....

I can do all of these dates... which can you all do???

Ali x
Old Feb 1st 2008, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

scooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nice

Hey!

Will have to check Steph's work rota....as she works Sundays...but can get them off at notice!

Will keep you posted and keep chacking back! As far as location...we will travel most places so find somewhere in the cerntre for everyone!

Dan and Steph
Old Feb 1st 2008, 8:11 am
Ping pong PoM

|Coolio...

We can do Bullring if you like... gives the kids an opportunity to 'do one' if they get bored... whereas if you do pub it's a bit more difficult for them to disappear! If you all have younger ones then it might be better to go somewhere with a play area for them.... I'm not worried where it is so long as everyone is happy!

(We have a 15 yr old, so he'll probably not come!)

Ali x