Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Birmingham Medicals

Wikiposts

Birmingham Medicals

Old Jun 20th 2004, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

mysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of light
Question Birmingham Medicals

I know this thread has been on before, but just wondering where is best to book our medicals.

We are in Birmingham and I have got the list off the DIMIA website and see there are two centres here.

Anyone on here been to either and could give me an idea of costs, or if it's worth travelling to another one.

There are 2 adults and 2 kids.

Thanx,

Old Jun 20th 2004, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

jac16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Birmingham Medicals

Originally posted by mysnix
I know this thread has been on before, but just wondering where is best to book our medicals.

We are in Birmingham and I have got the list off the DIMIA website and see there are two centres here.

Anyone on here been to either and could give me an idea of costs, or if it's worth travelling to another one.

Thanx,

We wnet to the handsworth wood place. really nice people and very helpdull.

On the downside it did take a while to get an appointment and we had to hang around but on the whole very good. Also you get to meet other pople & chat during your wait.

On the cost side it was around £500 for the medicals (including x-rays and bloods).

Good luck
Old Jun 20th 2004, 10:21 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd also recomend the handsworth practice, we didnt have to wait around at all(though ours was last August) and found them efficient and friendly. Timber floor au posted a thread about his familys experiences there recently, you'd find it on a search.
Old Jun 20th 2004, 11:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

we went to handsworth as well and thought they were spot on

arlene
Old Jun 20th 2004, 11:44 pm
The Outback Beast

fogmeister is an unknown quantity at this point

My mrs went to The Priory Hospital for xray and HIV blood test, negative and then they post the xrays off to the Selly Park practice, good service no dramas
Old Jun 21st 2004, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

readytogo is on a distinguished road

Thanx,

Have to agree with the others, we went to the Handsworth Practice and apart from trying to park the car, found them very good as well as having everything on 1 site. We were originally told to expect to be there for around 3 hrs as there were 2 adults and 2 children but actually only took 1.5hrs .

We had to wait about 4wks for an appointment and when you phone they will give you a detailed breakdown of the actual cost.

just enjoy the experience and dont forget to smile!!!

David & Jenny
Old Jun 21st 2004, 5:52 am
Just Joined

lizmiller is an unknown quantity at this point

We used the Handsworth Wood practice and they were great, we had to get in quick and they sorted us out within a week.
We had two adults and three children, us for bloods and xray and the kids for medicals £248.
I would say take some toys for the kids we were there for around 3 hours and there is not much to do there.
Freindly people and they know what they are doing and where they need to send everything. A friend of mine used the Priory and Selly park and they took the wrong bloods and she lsot her flight!!
Good luck
Cheers
Liz
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

mysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the advice everyone.
Phoned the handsworth practice yesterday, the lady was very helpful, there is not a long wait, offered me 1st july.
Going to wait until the start of the school holidays though, not long come back from Greek Islands, and will be getting in trouble with the school if I pull them out again so soon.
The costs will be £335, which is less than feared.

2 adult meds - £160
2 child meds - £60
2 xrays - £70
3 bloods - £45

Thanks again for all the help.
Old Jun 23rd 2004, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

MarkandJulie will become famous soon enoughMarkandJulie will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the advice everyone.
Phoned the handsworth practice yesterday, the lady was very helpful, there is not a long wait, offered me 1st july.
Going to wait until the start of the school holidays though, not long come back from Greek Islands, and will be getting in trouble with the school if I pull them out again so soon.
The costs will be £335, which is less than feared.

2 adult meds - £160
2 child meds - £60
2 xrays - £70
3 bloods - £45

Thanks again for all the help.
We too used handsworth woods, from making appointment to having results with case officer (London, not Adelaide) took just 3 weeks!!!!
Impressive!