Bio Diesel

Old May 30th 2006, 4:45 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bio Diesel

I stopped for fuel at the Gull service station on Guilford Road on the way home last night. I started filling up & halfway through noticed that it was bio diesel (it wasn't very clearly marked). I spoke to the guys at the counter & they said that it was fine to put into any diesel car built after 1996. It costs about the same as unleaded, so about 10c/litre less than normal diesel. I phoned Nissan & VW today to see if using it would be an issue & affect the warranty. They both said that at the moment they are not approving it's use & that Gull had taken them by surprise. I phoned Gull & they have said there is no problem using it (guess who I'm going to be going after if there is a problem). Performance seems fine. I think I'm going to keep on using it.
Old May 30th 2006, 6:19 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Bio Diesel

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I stopped for fuel at the Gull service station on Guilford Road on the way home last night. I started filling up & halfway through noticed that it was bio diesel (it wasn't very clearly marked). I spoke to the guys at the counter & they said that it was fine to put into any diesel car built after 1996. It costs about the same as unleaded, so about 10c/litre less than normal diesel. I phoned Nissan & VW today to see if using it would be an issue & affect the warranty. They both said that at the moment they are not approving it's use & that Gull had taken them by surprise. I phoned Gull & they have said there is no problem using it (guess who I'm going to be going after if there is a problem). Performance seems fine. I think I'm going to keep on using it.
I've started doing a spreadsheet on diesel 7-seater cars in Oz, will post the results when I finish it.

I'm a big diesel exponent as you know Amazulu, never had a car run as cheaply as my diesel Jag!!!

Cheers

Buzzy
Old May 30th 2006, 6:31 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bio Diesel

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
I've started doing a spreadsheet on diesel 7-seater cars in Oz, will post the results when I finish it.

I'm a big diesel exponent as you know Amazulu, never had a car run as cheaply as my diesel Jag!!!

Cheers

Buzzy
I'm a big diesel fan too, if you hadn't already guessed! At $1.35/litre Bio Diesel is about the same as unleaded at the moment. Diesel cars are getting more popular over here now. The Mazda6, Holden Astra, Honda Accord & possibly the Kia Sorento are all coming out in diesel form this year. The Astra is going to be the big one, a major manufacturer is bringing out a diesel car. Ford will follow suit with a diesel Focus. Speaking to the Nissan dealer when I bought my Navara, they are pleading with Nissan Australia to bring out diesel versions of the Tiida & Micra as they reckon they can sell ship loads of them. In 5 years diesel cars will be common here & who knows we might have diesel hybrids too.
Old May 30th 2006, 6:38 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Bio Diesel

I'm a big diesel fan too, if you hadn't already guessed! At $1.35/litre Bio Diesel is about the same as unleaded at the moment. Diesel cars are getting more popular over here now. The Mazda6, Holden Astra, Honda Accord & possibly the Kia Sorento are all coming out in diesel form this year. The Astra is going to be the big one, a major manufacturer is bringing out a diesel car. Ford will follow suit with a diesel Focus. Speaking to the Nissan dealer when I bought my Navara, they are pleading with Nissan Australia to bring out diesel versions of the Tiida & Micra as they reckon they can sell ship loads of them. In 5 years diesel cars will be common here & who knows we might have diesel hybrids too.
I exchanged emails with Jaguar in Oz - they have no plans to bring out the X-type in Diesel but they have brought out the S-type, unfotunately it is over AU$100,000

Cheers

Buzzy
Old May 30th 2006, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bio Diesel

I'm a big diesel fan too, if you hadn't already guessed! At $1.35/litre Bio Diesel is about the same as unleaded at the moment. .
How much is vegetable oil in the supermarket?