Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Billinudgel - any opinions?

Billinudgel - any opinions?

Old Aug 25th 2009, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

kizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud of
Default Billinudgel - any opinions?

A prospective job has come up for my OH in a place called Billinudgel NSW, all I know is that its near Byron Bay. Does anyone have any opinions about the place? Is it an area worth considering (we have 2 girls 10 and 13, so schools will be important) or is it a one horse town with a bend and a chip shop?

Thanks for your time
Old Aug 25th 2009, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Billinudgel - any opinions?

Don't know that you'd want to live in Billinudgel as (from memory) it's mainly an semi-industrial area. However there are some lovely places in the vicinity that would be fantastic to live in.

You're quite close to a few other towns - Brunswick Heads, Mullumbimby and Byron Bay. Murwillumbah is a reasonable size and the coastal areas around Pottsville and Cabarita are lovely too. Scenery is stunning - lovely rolling hills with a great coastline. It's only an hour or so to the Gold Coast, too.

A lot of people would give their right arm to have work in such a gorgous spot. Beware though - property is quite expensive up there considering it's really a rural area. Can't help with schools but if you want to live in a vibrant but non-metro area, you can't go wrong.
Old Aug 25th 2009, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

binnz10 will become famous soon enoughbinnz10 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by NickyC
Don't know that you'd want to live in Billinudgel as (from memory) it's mainly an semi-industrial area. However there are some lovely places in the vicinity that would be fantastic to live in.

You're quite close to a few other towns - Brunswick Heads, Mullumbimby and Byron Bay. Murwillumbah is a reasonable size and the coastal areas around Pottsville and Cabarita are lovely too. Scenery is stunning - lovely rolling hills with a great coastline. It's only an hour or so to the Gold Coast, too.

A lot of people would give their right arm to have work in such a gorgous spot. Beware though - property is quite expensive up there considering it's really a rural area. Can't help with schools but if you want to live in a vibrant but non-metro area, you can't go wrong.
Agree with the other poster, you wouldn't want to live in Billinudgel, well I wouldn't anyway, we are in Pottsville, lovely coastal family friendly village, and would take us about 15-20 mins to get there. Pottsville has its own community primary, think the high school kids hop on the school buses to Kingscliff or Murwillumbah.
Old Aug 25th 2009, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

kizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud ofkizbut1 has much to be proud of

Thanks for the optimism! I remember visiting Pottsville and a small cafe near a grassy area, I ordered a burger and when it came I nearly fell off my chair - it was huge Mur'bah I remember too, but didn't realise it was close to B/Nudgel. We lived in Terranora for a while but only seemed to venture north rather than south. Maybe we missed the best bits?
Old Aug 25th 2009, 2:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NickyC

Only about 30 mins from bryon to gold coast these days btw...highway is great. Can be in Brisbane from Bryon in 1.5 hours...(offpeak of course).
Old Aug 25th 2009, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kizbut1
A prospective job has come up for my OH in a place called Billinudgel NSW, all I know is that its near Byron Bay. Does anyone have any opinions about the place? Is it an area worth considering (we have 2 girls 10 and 13, so schools will be important) or is it a one horse town with a bend and a chip shop?

Thanks for your time
Yep Billinudgel is pretty much a one horse town. The most its got going for it is the pub!!. As others have said, only about 30 minutes from Byron and about the same to the southern parts of the Gold Coast. Ocean Shores and Brunswick Heads however, are literally only a few k's away, and might be an option.