Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Billabong Animal Sanctuary, Nr Townsville.!!

Billabong Animal Sanctuary, Nr Townsville.!!

Old Aug 9th 2004, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Sherie is a jewel in the roughSherie is a jewel in the roughSherie is a jewel in the roughSherie is a jewel in the roughSherie is a jewel in the rough
Default Billabong Animal Sanctuary, Nr Townsville.!!

As there were some families with kidz going up to Northern Queensland GBR/Port Douglas/Cairns i thought i'd mention this excellent animal sanctuary near Townsville, would involve bit of a drive south but it is our favourite animal sanctuary in the whole of australia!!!
Its the one place where you can hold koalas, snakes, small crocs, even a wombat etc, etc, we've visited lots of other animal places including Australia zoo but this is the best by far and its definitely worth a visit if you're passing.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 8:16 pm
CON
Banned

CON is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Billabong Animal Sanctuary, Nr Townsville.!!

Originally Posted by Sherie
As there were some families with kidz going up to Northern Queensland GBR/Port Douglas/Cairns i thought i'd mention this excellent animal sanctuary near Townsville, would involve bit of a drive south but it is our favourite animal sanctuary in the whole of australia!!!
Its the one place where you can hold koalas, snakes, small crocs, even a wombat etc, etc, we've visited lots of other animal places including Australia zoo but this is the best by far and its definitely worth a visit if you're passing.
Have you been to Currumbin wildlife sanctuary on the Gold Coast? We loved it there, it was a lot better than Steve Irwin's place and the kids got photos holding Koalas a baby Croc and a huge (but venomless) python of some description.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Billabong Animal Sanctuary, Nr Townsville.!!

Originally Posted by Sherie

Thanks for that, might give it a go on our travels.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

Sherie is a jewel in the roughSherie is a jewel in the roughSherie is a jewel in the roughSherie is a jewel in the roughSherie is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Billabong Animal Sanctuary, Nr Townsville.!!

Originally Posted by CON
Have you been to Currumbin wildlife sanctuary on the Gold Coast? We loved it there, it was a lot better than Steve Irwin's place and the kids got photos holding Koalas a baby Croc and a huge (but venomless) python of some description.

Haven't been there but in our opinion Australia Zoo is too big, very commercial/pricey, our kids were very disappointed to hear Steve Irwin is rarely there!!!! hes often busy making films/TV programmes to enable him extend the place further...

another wildlife sanctuary we found that let the kids hold the koalas was The Gorge Wildlife Sanctuary nr Adelaide.SA. Kids loved it and as you say got some good photos!!!!