Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

bike riding sydney

bike riding sydney

Old Aug 2nd 2004, 8:31 pm

guest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the rough
Default bike riding sydney

I'm getting the hang of this now, visa applied for its just the waiting now, so whilst I am I need to plan my future entertainment........so anybody know of a good golf club to join in the sydney area, we'll be in Rose Bay....also I like to ride my road racer.......where's the best place to ride or are there any clubs to join.......i've been to Centennial Park but there must be somewhere else to do it to get away from the pesky traffic.........I've even thought about sea kayaking....now that'll test you out.......might even stump Pollyana that one.........
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 3:05 am

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: bike riding sydney

For the cycling, probably depending on how serious you are, have you tried these clubs:

Sydney Cycling Club
Randwick Botany Cycling Club

They are both based near Rose Bay - wait till you cycle up heart break hill it's a good un.

I've seen a sea kayak place on the Spit Bridge (sort of between Mosman and Manly if you've got a map).
Just had a look at their web site Sydney Harbour Kayaks and they opened a shop in Rose Bay last year!

Howzat?!
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 3:13 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Forgot about the golf course question, but it's not a "sport" I play. Maybe when I'm older, alot older.
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

Cycling - there's a big network of cycletracks out by Homebush somewhere (Olympic Parklands area). Seems very popular. There are lots of cycling clubs who irritate the living daylights out of you by clogging the roads up every sunday morning.

Golf - There's a big course on O'Sullivan Rd Rose Bay, which I believe has a high snob factor. Bondi has a golf course, as does Pagewood. Both those are near you.

Kayaking - Inner harbour has a few outlets for hire of kayaks, but don't know much more than that.
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bike riding sydney

Originally posted by kiwiloverjohn
I'm getting the hang of this now, visa applied for its just the waiting now, so whilst I am I need to plan my future entertainment........so anybody know of a good golf club to join in the sydney area, we'll be in Rose Bay....also I like to ride my road racer.......where's the best place to ride or are there any clubs to join.......i've been to Centennial Park but there must be somewhere else to do it to get away from the pesky traffic.........I've even thought about sea kayaking....now that'll test you out.......might even stump Pollyana that one.........
Don't play golf but there are a lot of golf courses in the eastern and south-eastern suburbs for you to check out.

Royal Sydney in Rose Bay is a 10-year waiting list and thousands of dollars to join type of place. Very pukka.

There are public courses at North Bondi, Moore Park and Malabar.

Other clubs are the Australian at Kensington, the Lakes at Eastlakes, Bonnie Doon at Pagewood plus three more (all next to each other) down near La Perouse: Coast, St Michaels and NSW.

Lots to choose from!
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 7:08 am

guest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the roughguest81707 is a jewel in the rough
Default thanks

Thanks for all the info......something to think about on these cold summer days