Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Biggest step so far....

Wikiposts

Biggest step so far....

Old Jun 16th 2004, 7:49 am
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold
Default Biggest step so far....

Good grief!

Getting the visa was hard - all that waiting......... but the stressiest part so far was today...... handing in my notice! But once it was over it was great!

Its just the approach to the desk...letter in hand... hoping to high heaven that you're not making the biggest mistake ever..... Reminds me a bit of jumping out of an airplane (skydiving) which I had the chance to try. Hanging out the door is terrifying, but once you're out the door and committed you just enjoy the flight.

Ok - next step.....let's go!

W.
Old Jun 16th 2004, 7:51 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Biggest step so far....

Originally posted by Wanderlust
Good grief!

Getting the visa was hard - all that waiting......... but the stressiest part so far was today...... handing in my notice! But once it was over it was great!

Its just the approach to the desk...letter in hand... hoping to high heaven that you're not making the biggest mistake ever..... Reminds me a bit of jumping out of an airplane (skydiving) which I had the chance to try. Hanging out the door is terrifying, but once you're out the door and committed you just enjoy the flight.

Ok - next step.....let's go!

W.

Well done!! That'll be me on Monday (my chosen day to do the deed)

Skydiving is fantastic - I know this will be too. Just feel guilty as I used to work for this company before I went away on my WHV & now I've come back and about to leave them again. Ah well
Old Jun 16th 2004, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Great analogy Wanderlust!
i handed my resignation in a month ago but said that i'd stay until the 22nd July, believe me i am counting the days before i finish!
enjoy every minute of your new life as my old dad says 'its not a dress rehearsal, you get one shot and one shot only'!
rach x
Old Jun 16th 2004, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Hope it all goes well for you on Monday Mlbonner, are they not expecting your resignation? my place of work have know for yonks!
rach x
Old Jun 16th 2004, 8:16 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by nosuchluck
Hope it all goes well for you on Monday Mlbonner, are they not expecting your resignation? my place of work have know for yonks!
rach x

Nooooooooooope!!!

I've not hid it from them as such, more just not told them directly either... hmmmmmm!!! My close friends at work know, but I've always played it down a bit "could be months before I get my visa and then I still have to get organised and leave" (that kinda thing).

All good fun hey