Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

big thing out of the way

big thing out of the way

Old Apr 23rd 2005, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all
Default big thing out of the way

After 18 months of learning the wife has just passed her driving test this morning (2nd time) We are hopefully due our visa in about 4 weeks so that is a massive worry out of the way we really did,nt want to move without her having a licence.
The children and i were in town and when she phoned we all started jumping and shouting like loonies i hope we feel like that when we get the visa.
Just wanted to let any of our friends on here know.Slap up meal and to celebrate i think.

dave
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 11:08 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: big thing out of the way

Originally Posted by chippy dave
Slap up meal and to celebrate i think.
for you, exrta driving practice for the missus?

Congrats to her anyway.
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 11:34 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

After 18 months of learning the wife has just passed her driving test this morning (2nd time) We are hopefully due our visa in about 4 weeks so that is a massive worry out of the way we really did,nt want to move without her having a licence.
The children and i were in town and when she phoned we all started jumping and shouting like loonies i hope we feel like that when we get the visa.
Just wanted to let any of our friends on here know.Slap up meal and to celebrate i think.

dave
...yay wooo hoooo well done missus
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

Well done, soon be converting it to an Aussie one.
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 6:19 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

dave
Fantastic, it's not long since I passed my test (3rd time) so I remember the feeling well, congrats to your other half.
Marie
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 6:37 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Well doen - karma on it`s way!! Taking driving lessons is something I reckon I`m going to have to bite the bullet and do. I did have some when I was 21 but my driving instructor kicked me out of the car on my 3rd lesson. Don`t worry though I will post fair warning when I actually do it!!
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 9:34 pm
Hilton`s

Hilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to all

dave
Well done Chippy Dave`s wife! I passed my test on Jan 10th after being told I would need to drive in Oz, one of the best things I`ve done, should have
done it years ago!

Congratulations again.

Tracey.
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 10:38 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

congratulations to mrs chippy dave!
im learning to drive...well, what i mean is learning to pass my test - y'know what its like here in the uk! - should hopefully be doing a similar post meself soon!!
good onya!

sue
Old Apr 25th 2005, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

Well done Sam
Make sure though that you say you dont like driving at night !!
then you can still have a drink !!
hope to see you soon
love mary
Old Apr 25th 2005, 12:31 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
congratulations to mrs chippy dave!
im learning to drive...well, what i mean is learning to pass my test - y'know what its like here in the uk! - should hopefully be doing a similar post meself soon!!
good onya!

sue
well done to the misses dave. she'll need to learn a whole new set of rules when she gets here though - undertaking, lane discipline, tailgating, roo avoidance. hold on what am i saying that's normal driving in the Uk too (or at least along the M180).

sue, and people ask me why i left the UK.... i just say coz sheffield was too close to doncaster for my liking (and safety!)

vroom vroom