Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BIG SPIDER – anybody know what type?

Wikiposts

BIG SPIDER – anybody know what type?

Old Nov 1st 2008, 2:53 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BIG SPIDER – anybody know what type?

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
I have been bitten by a Redback and had a Huntsman spin it's web around me
Bloody Hell... I thought I was slow moving, but I'm not that slow that spiders can spin webs on me.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 2:56 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Bloody Hell... I thought I was slow moving, but I'm not that slow that spiders can spin webs on me.
Haha, cheeky. It actually happened really fast. It was weird. One second I was hanging washing, the next I was trying to free myself from what appeared to be a thin but very strong wire.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 3:02 pm
Account Closed

Haha, cheeky. It actually happened really fast. It was weird. One second I was hanging washing, the next I was trying to free myself from what appeared to be a thin but very strong wire.
That super strength web some of them have over here is a pain... I'm forever walking into the stuff and it is a pain to get off.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 3:07 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

That super strength web some of them have over here is a pain... I'm forever walking into the stuff and it is a pain to get off.
So I discovered early on.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 3:15 pm
Account Closed

So I discovered early on.
My wife is very much like you, in as much as she tries to catch anything in the house, and put it outside rather than kill it...

We had our 'Jaws moment' not long after moving into the current house, the bit in the film where the guy says "your going to need a bigger boat" was replicated quite nicely as I said "your going to need a bigger glass" as she came into the room to try and catch a mahusive huntsmen.

About the only thing that's spooked me since I got here was almost standing on a scorpion in my bare feet as it casually strolled through my front room.
Old Nov 1st 2008, 4:14 pm
'In limboland'

My wife is very much like you, in as much as she tries to catch anything in the house, and put it outside rather than kill it...

We had our 'Jaws moment' not long after moving into the current house, the bit in the film where the guy says "your going to need a bigger boat" was replicated quite nicely as I said "your going to need a bigger glass" as she came into the room to try and catch a mahusive huntsmen.

About the only thing that's spooked me since I got here was almost standing on a scorpion in my bare feet as it casually strolled through my front room.
I have saved a couple of those yoghurt pots that have the plastic lids for catching spiders, cockroaches etc. I get fly splatter in one hand, pot in the other and try to convince the intruder the pot is the better option. Then I either put the lid on or just keep the fly splatter over the top and throw it out into the shrubs. At the moment we seem to have alot of Ladybirds indoors, though goodness knows where they are coming from, but I'm putting at least ½ dozen out daily. Those I will pick up in my nails, same goes for Slaters as well. I just hate killing anything.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 11:26 pm
Sharon

irishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud of

What the hell is this lol
Attached Thumbnails BIG SPIDER – anybody know what type?-sl370788.jpg  
Old May 19th 2009, 6:58 pm
Sharon

irishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud of

Found this in my living area today .Is it a baby huntsman ?
Attached Thumbnails BIG SPIDER – anybody know what type?-102_3054.jpg   BIG SPIDER – anybody know what type?-102_3056.jpg   BIG SPIDER – anybody know what type?-102_3057.jpg   BIG SPIDER – anybody know what type?-102_3058.jpg   BIG SPIDER – anybody know what type?-102_3059.jpg  

Old May 19th 2009, 10:07 pm
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

Originally Posted by irishfamily
Found this in my living area today .Is it a baby huntsman ?
Not sure what it is, but not a huntsman - Huntsmen look a bit like crabs, as if their legs are on at a funny angle!!

I killed one of them (that's in your picture) in the garage the other day!
Old May 19th 2009, 10:15 pm
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

We found this in my baby son's chair . . . after i lifted him out!!!
Attached Thumbnails BIG SPIDER – anybody know what type?-img_0913.jpg  
Old May 20th 2009, 2:02 am
Sharon

OMG thats a scorpion jesus now thats creepy.Is ur son ok ?
Old May 20th 2009, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

al_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kar-kier
We found this in my baby son's chair . . . after i lifted him out!!!
Old May 20th 2009, 9:14 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

OMG @ THIS THREAD! I'm gonna be feeling tickly things running all over my face all nite now....OMG lol
Old May 20th 2009, 11:18 am
Living the dream!

Originally Posted by irishfamily
OMG thats a scorpion jesus now thats creepy.Is ur son ok ?
Yeah, he's fine! I lifted him out to change him and it ran out - I thought it was a spider, so lifted a shoe, but when saw it was a scorpion thought I better catch and identify!
Old May 20th 2009, 2:53 pm
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Paula_lou
OMG!!!!

Please tell me these arent actually real!!!!!!!!! Where on earth do these spiders live and how likely is it Im gonna bump into one in Butler, Perth????

Im actually really scared now, I didnt actually think that spiders came that big!!!!!!
I've seen a lot of these in Perth, you'll get used to them.

Remember, before you go to sleep each night, check under your bed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.