Big problem

Old Jan 8th 2005, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

sarah & mark has a spectacular aura aboutsarah & mark has a spectacular aura aboutsarah & mark has a spectacular aura about
Default Big problem

Hi, My husand has 2 children from the past one is 18 and the other is 16. We had planned to get the medical & police checks done for the 16 year old, she agreed to have them done for us but now i think she has changed her mind.

My husband does not see or talk to the children (its complicated) they live with there mum & dont want to come with us, they live there own lives & both work & if there mum was to die they would not want to live with us they have said so.

DIMIA have now requested police checks & medicals ours are going to be done this month.

We dont know what to do about the 16 year olds medical, & we dont want to delay things.

Any ideas?

Thank you.
Sarah.
Old Jan 8th 2005, 1:10 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Big problem

Originally Posted by sarah & mark
Hi, My husand has 2 children from the past one is 18 and the other is 16. We had planned to get the medical & police checks done for the 16 year old, she agreed to have them done for us but now i think she has changed her mind.

My husband does not see or talk to the children (its complicated) they live with there mum & dont want to come with us, they live there own lives & both work & if there mum was to die they would not want to live with us they have said so.

DIMIA have now requested police checks & medicals ours are going to be done this month.

We dont know what to do about the 16 year olds medical, & we dont want to delay things.

Any ideas?

Thank you.
Sarah.

im sure someone on here will be able to advise you as i recall quite a few people being in your shoes!
I think you just have to produce some documentary evidence that they dont wish to emigrate with you, and thats it. cant remember exact details, but as i said, others will be able to advise more accurately.
dont worry, its not the end!
my partner has 2 from his previous marriage, and his ex and the kids are awkward buggers to say the least, but if i recall all we have to do is get a written letter from her, or a stat declaration (cant remember which) stating they do not wish to be ncluded in our application.
have you done a forum search? there are plenty of threads on this subject that will put your mind at rest.

sue
Old Jan 8th 2005, 2:50 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Big problem

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
im sure someone on here will be able to advise you as i recall quite a few people being in your shoes!
I think you just have to produce some documentary evidence that they dont wish to emigrate with you, and thats it. cant remember exact details, but as i said, others will be able to advise more accurately.
dont worry, its not the end!
my partner has 2 from his previous marriage, and his ex and the kids are awkward buggers to say the least, but if i recall all we have to do is get a written letter from her, or a stat declaration (cant remember which) stating they do not wish to be ncluded in our application.
have you done a forum search? there are plenty of threads on this subject that will put your mind at rest.

sue
Already asked and answered. Talk to your agent if you need more information on how the rules work:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276002

Jeremy