Big Day Out

Old Jan 27th 2006, 11:51 pm
MVFC

Carl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the rough
Default Big Day Out

Anyone been to any of the Big Day Out gigs so far? Am going to the Melbourne one tomorrow and wondered if there's any recommendations of bands to see. Have earmarked The Subways, The Go! Team and Franz Ferdinand as definites and heard a decent track by Wolfmother on Triple J, the other day, so might see them too.
Old Jan 28th 2006, 12:24 am
Chelmsford>Leeds>NSW!

lel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nice
Default Re: Big Day Out

I just went to the Sydney one...

I saw The Subways and The Go! Team and they were excellent...

End of Fashion were good - a bit poppy for me, but if you like the above and F Ferdinand then you might like them too... they play very well.

I'm sore I mised the Magic Numbers - they were supposed to be excellent, but that's because they clashed with Wolfmother - who are SOOOOO good... They seem to be clashing at the Melbourne date too... so, If you prefer indie style then Magic Numbers, if you prefer retro sounding rock you can dance to, maybe try Wolfmother instead...

My favourite band of the day, without a doubt, were The Mars Volta, but they're not everyone's cuppa rosie.

Oh - and I got sunburnt even though I didn't see the sun all day!

PS (shame The Arcade Fire aren't there hey?)