Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Big Day Out 2006

Big Day Out 2006

Old Nov 15th 2005, 10:22 am
MVFC

Carl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the rough
Default Big Day Out 2006

Anyone going to the Big Day Out next year? As it will be the first one I've attended, I wondered if it was similar to the Carling / T in the Park / V festivals in the UK in that the bands will be spread across two or three stages, or do all the bands appear on one stage? I like to have a choice of who to see at these events.
Old Nov 15th 2005, 11:21 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice
Default Re: Big Day Out 2006

usually three stages, plus dance tent, plus a small stage with non-musical acts (such as nude aerobics i think last year)

Originally Posted by Carl B
Anyone going to the Big Day Out next year? As it will be the first one I've attended, I wondered if it was similar to the Carling / T in the Park / V festivals in the UK in that the bands will be spread across two or three stages, or do all the bands appear on one stage? I like to have a choice of who to see at these events.
Old Nov 15th 2005, 11:35 am
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

where's it happening?
Old Nov 15th 2005, 11:42 am
MVFC

Carl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the roughCarl B is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by claire edwards
where's it happening?
A few cities across NZ and Australia. www.bigdayout.com
Old Nov 15th 2005, 11:44 am
Gwyllt

gogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by claire edwards
where's it happening?
Check out the Triple J website gig guide for details
Old Nov 15th 2005, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

we re going,havent been before though,so cant help you im afraid
Old Nov 15th 2005, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Dinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really nice

My sister lives near the showgrounds in Melbourne and when BDO used to play there they'd leave the doors and windows open as they could hear it all really clearly.

One year I called during BDO and she told me that someone was covering a New Order song which I could hear coming down the phone line. I quickly checked the BDO website and realised it actually was New Order. She was gutted they'd not sorted tickets out for the last time they'd seen NO was in nineteeneightysomething!

As for what its like - I've never been but hear its a good day - don't forget the sunscreen though and leave the wellies at home!

Dinnie
Old Nov 15th 2005, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

funkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant future

Do you need tickets for this? as we are moving to gold coast 12th jan and its on the gold coast 22nd Jan, but cant seem to get much info on the website, theres just a big lighter thing floating about on it, and when I click it, it just lights Am I making any sense??? I never have been any good at this computer stuff
Old Nov 15th 2005, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

looks really good - espescially franz ferdinand - my neice was gloating a while ago as she has got tix to see them in brighton!
do u recon it will be all "studenty types there" ??
both me & my hubby would like to go - but our student days are a distant memory!!!

so dont wanna book tix & end up looking old !!

so to all those that are going - which side of 30 are you???

dont have to tell me your age but are you nearer student pass or bus pass ??

thanks
ttfn

pootle26
Old Nov 15th 2005, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

Dinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really niceDinnie is just really nice

Originally Posted by pootle26
looks really good - espescially franz ferdinand - my neice was gloating a while ago as she has got tix to see them in brighton!
do u recon it will be all "studenty types there" ??
both me & my hubby would like to go - but our student days are a distant memory!!!

so dont wanna book tix & end up looking old !!

so to all those that are going - which side of 30 are you???

dont have to tell me your age but are you nearer student pass or bus pass ??

thanks
ttfn

pootle26
LOL! We still go and see gigs in the UK (saw Bloc Party a couple of weeks ago and did I feel old!!) but made up for it last night and saw the aging New Order at the Apollo - all the bald round blokes made hubby and I feel practically pre-school!

Yes, it BDO is one of the kids (no alcohol you see so its open to under 18's which I personally think is a good thing) but don't let that put you off. From all accounts its a great day!

If we get back in time and are over the jet lag by then I want to go!

Dinnie
Old Nov 15th 2005, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by funkybuddah
Do you need tickets for this? as we are moving to gold coast 12th jan and its on the gold coast 22nd Jan, but cant seem to get much info on the website, theres just a big lighter thing floating about on it, and when I click it, it just lights Am I making any sense??? I never have been any good at this computer stuff
here is the link for the gold coast tickets

https://fulfillment.com.au/shopping/...ID=BDOGOLD2006

hth

pootle26
Old Nov 15th 2005, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

funkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by pootle26
here is the link for the gold coast tickets

https://fulfillment.com.au/shopping/...ID=BDOGOLD2006

hth

pootle26
Ah thats better. Thanks mate.
Old Nov 15th 2005, 8:28 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

i know plenty of over-30s that go to bdo, plus they sell alcohol at the gold coast bdo (you just need a wristband to buy). the kids all just take pills anyway.

fantastic fun, although this years line-up needs to improve (franz ferdinand and magic dirt excepted) before i part with 120 of my australian dollars.

Originally Posted by Dinnie
Yes, it BDO is one of the kids (no alcohol you see so its open to under 18's which I personally think is a good thing) but don't let that put you off. From all accounts its a great day!
Old Nov 15th 2005, 8:37 pm
Drunken Aussie

bugger! just heard they've made the second and last announcement of acts. it sounds bloody awful this year. only franz, magic dirt, drag and mylo to interest me. anyone know anything of any of the uk acts playing? i think this'll be the first one i've missed since i've been in oz

Originally Posted by brisnick
i know plenty of over-30s that go to bdo, plus they sell alcohol at the gold coast bdo (you just need a wristband to buy). the kids all just take pills anyway.

fantastic fun, although this years line-up needs to improve (franz ferdinand and magic dirt excepted) before i part with 120 of my australian dollars.
Old Nov 15th 2005, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

ttfn

pootle26

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.