Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Big Brother's Watching!

Big Brother's Watching!

Old Apr 7th 2007, 11:18 pm
Just Joined

Richierich1000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Big Brother's Watching!

After being completely addicted to this site for many months and reading everyone elses posts, I have decided to write my 1st so treat me gently!!

I am a CCTV engineer and after visiting Sydney and the Gold Coast late last year, I was wondering what the situation is with CCTV cameras in other parts of Oz. Apparently, the UK has 1% of the World's population but a staggering 20% of the World's CCTV cameras. I have searched the usual job sites and found the salaries to be about the same as the UK.

I suppose what I am trying to get at is;

1) Is there much call for CCTV technicians in Australia (I am desperate to live in the wonderful land of OZ)

2) Are there fewer CCTV cameras than the UK because crime is lower or because the Ozzies wouldn't stand for being constantly spied upon

Since visiting Australia, I can think of nothing else and I'd absolutely LOVE to live there. So much so I'd even move there and work for FREE! Failing that, if any Australians would be interested in "marrying" me for cash, then please feel free to PM me!!!

Thanks for reading......

Richard
Old Apr 7th 2007, 11:39 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Big Brother's Watching!

Originally Posted by Richierich1000
...1) Is there much call for CCTV technicians in Australia (I am desperate to live in the wonderful land of OZ)

2) Are there fewer CCTV cameras than the UK because crime is lower or because the Ozzies wouldn't stand for being constantly spied upon...
Dunno about the work situation in this line of biz at the moment... Crime's about the same here... Tech wise things seem a little behind the UK here so maybe you have a great future bringing Oz up to speed on the surveillance side of things...
Old Apr 8th 2007, 8:00 am
IT Guru

TheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really nice
Default Re: Big Brother's Watching!

Originally Posted by rodders39

Tech wise things seem a little behind the UK here so maybe you have a great future bringing Oz up to speed on the surveillance side of things...
For god sake I hope not. It's one reson why I'm leaving the dam place!