Reload this Page >

The BIG Blog/Diary Debate

Wikiposts

The BIG Blog/Diary Debate

Old May 23rd 2005, 5:35 am
Merlot

Default Re: The BIG Blog/Diary Debate

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins

especially the forum on devonshire street!

how long since you were in sheffield?

sue
Sweet Mother, they have a forum is Sheffield - is it as bouyant as this one???

M

Old May 23rd 2005, 5:38 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Merlot
Sweet Mother, they have a forum is Sheffield - is it as bouyant as this one???

M
hehe...its a pub - oops, sorry - wine bar!! anyone wanting to pull a doctor, go down on friday nights....they are the ones swigging cocktails from their shoes!

(saucer of milk over here in the corner please!)

sue

ps there is a sheffieldforum.com but its nowhere near as much fun as this one!
Old May 23rd 2005, 5:40 am
Merlot

hehe...its a pub - oops, sorry - wine bar!! anyone wanting to pull a doctor, go down on friday nights....they are the ones swigging cocktails from their shoes!

(saucer of milk over here in the corner please!)

sue

ps there is a sheffieldforum.com but its nowhere near as much fun as this one!
There must be a law about pulling Doctors in public . . is this too crude a comment for a lady?

M

Old May 23rd 2005, 5:41 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

There must be a law about pulling Doctors in public . . is this too crude a comment for a lady?

M

Old May 23rd 2005, 5:43 am
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

ah....the pyjama jump!!!!! *sue goes misty eyed*deep sigh*

shall have to scan some photos for ya!!

those were the days

did you hear they are going to start it up again.....as if sheffield doesnt have enough people puking in the streets on a friday night! You wouldnt recognise West Street if its been a few years since you were here - LOADS of pubs now....every other place is a pub! Lots of expensive bars that have the nerve to charge you a couple of quid to get in, especially the forum on devonshire street!

how long since you were in sheffield?

sue
Hi Sue,

7 or 8 years since I was in Sheff as a student. Have been back a couple of times since and everytime it changes - well the pubs I used to go into do!! The Nursery Tavern on Ecceshall Rd (spelt wrong) went all up market after i left.

You just couldn't beat The Roxy on a PJ Jump night (or Weds for that matter)

Charging to get into the pubs on West Street - that is terrible - when I was there they begged you to come in!!!

Go on scan the photos - I reckon we could shock some of the people on here - mind you i always felt the women got away with the better deal. I would scan in some photos, but I need to have drank a hell of a lot first!!!

hummm the good old days

Dave
Old May 23rd 2005, 5:43 am
Merlot

Take it you don't think I am much of a lady?

M

Old May 23rd 2005, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by darkless
Hi Sue,

The Nursery Tavern on Ecceshall Rd (spelt wrong) went all up market after i left.

hehe...i used to work in there....was in 1991 though!!

Old May 23rd 2005, 5:48 am

Merlot - i like your location, although the previous one was dead funny!
Old May 23rd 2005, 5:50 am
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

hehe...i used to work in there....was in 1991 though!!

I was there in '94!!! I used to like the sticky carpet and crap snooker table - was a shame when they went all up market!!!
Old May 23rd 2005, 5:52 am
Merlot

The knives one . . . I'll add it on for the benefit of my Australian friends. Oh crap, I don't seem to have any anymore.

M

Old May 23rd 2005, 5:53 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a shame the old locations, sigs and avatars don't stay on old posts. Be much more interesting.
Old May 23rd 2005, 5:55 am
BE Enthusiast

The knives one . . . I'll add it on for the benefit of my Australian friends. Oh crap, I don't seem to have any anymore.

M

Me still friend of abusive Merlot
... and I in Australia (although needing to go to bed soon!!!)
Old May 23rd 2005, 5:55 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys would never be as bitchy or argumentative as you lot!

Have fun, bitchin wimmin!
PS for reference a guy would say 'forget it' and look for the next beer.
Old May 23rd 2005, 5:56 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by darkless
Me still friend of abusive Merlot
... and I in Australia (although needing to go to bed soon!!!)
Tut, Tut!!!
M

Old May 23rd 2005, 5:57 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by moneypen20
It's a shame the old locations, sigs and avatars don't stay on old posts. Be much more interesting.
Very much agreed!

M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.