Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The BIG Blog/Diary Debate

Wikiposts

The BIG Blog/Diary Debate

Old May 23rd 2005, 12:19 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The BIG Blog/Diary Debate

Originally Posted by Sue
We've added a calendar so meet-ups can be seen at a glance. This in no way replaces people posting meet-up details in the forum, the calendar is just another tool to compliment the forum.

We encourage people to continue posting meet-ups in the forum (and then add them to the calendar)....after all that's one of the reasons we are here; to connect with other expats abroad or to chat with others who are looking to emigrate.

On another note, the blogging section was something we decided to add a while ago, it has no bearing on recent events in the forum.

Sue
thank you sue, i always new u fancied me
Old May 23rd 2005, 12:22 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

For crying out loud, can everyone just stop harping on about what amounts to one thread that went, apparently, pearshaped. Take a breath and move on. Some people have got upset - that is the way life is. Life is a bitch and then you die. Oh sod it, I can't be bothered to continue....
Old May 23rd 2005, 12:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
On another note, the blogging section was something we decided to add a while ago, it has no bearing on recent events in the forum.

Yeah, yeah, we believe you!

JTL
Old May 23rd 2005, 12:24 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
For crying out loud, can everyone just stop harping on about what amounts to one thread that went, apparently, pearshaped. Take a breath and move on. Some people have got upset - that is the way life is. Life is a bitch and then you die. Oh sod it, I can't be bothered to continue....
I have to agree, i really can't be arsed

Then to top it all we soapy being all....."deep"
Old May 23rd 2005, 12:28 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
I have to agree, i really can't be arsed

Then to top it all we soapy being all....."deep"
that wasnt me being deep, i was just talking pish as usual
Old May 23rd 2005, 12:30 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

All these things as seperate 'incidents' wouldn't be so bad. Everything added up, it's just a big mess. And it's the 'newbies' who are going to miss out.

[/QUOTE]

I'm a relative "newby" and I was really enjoying this web site, finding all the support encouraging and being delighted with all the information I was able to find THEN.... everyone starts aguing, I don't know what about (and don't wish to know) and then it goes all quiet. Reading some of the posts now I hesitate from asking some questions because I get the impression that some will be impatient with me for asking something that may have been asked before. I DON'T KNOW THAT, I'M A NEWBIE. I don't want to be scoffed at or be a nuisance

Please continue to be welcoming and happy and remember that everyone was new on here at some time, to find friends, help and support when needed.

Many thanks to any of you who have sent me a nice message over the last two weeks

I am really scared that we are not going to get our TRA approved in time before hubby's 45th and so completely miss our chances of ever getting to Oz, so I need to know there is someone here I can talk to and who will understand.
Old May 23rd 2005, 12:36 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
All these things as seperate 'incidents' wouldn't be so bad. Everything added up, it's just a big mess. And it's the 'newbies' who are going to miss out.

I'm a relative "newby" and I was really enjoying this web site, finding all the support encouraging and being delighted with all the information I was able to find THEN.... everyone starts aguing, I don't know what about (and don't wish to know) and then it goes all quiet. Reading some of the posts now I hesitate from asking some questions because I get the impression that some will be impatient with me for asking something that may have been asked before. I DON'T KNOW THAT, I'M A NEWBIE. I don't want to be scoffed at or be a nuisance

Please continue to be welcoming and happy and remember that everyone was new on here at some time, to find friends, help and support when needed.

Many thanks to any of you who have sent me a nice message over the last two weeks

I am really scared that we are not going to get our TRA approved in time before hubby's 45th and so completely miss our chances of ever getting to Oz, so I need to know there is someone here I can talk to and who will understand.
I missed it all too and i'm an oldie so don't worry about it. I still ask stupid questions and Soapy still talks pish, it'll all come out in the wash. This happens every few months, you'll learn to love it or leave, its that simple really

Last edited by hevs; May 23rd 2005 at 12:39 am.
Old May 23rd 2005, 12:38 am
Master of verbal pish©

I missed it all too and i'm an oldie so don't worry about it. I still ask stupid questions and Soapy still talks pish, it'll all come out in the wash. This happens every few months, you'll learn to love it or leave, its that simple really[/QUOTE]
im amazed, sometimes u make sense
Old May 23rd 2005, 12:39 am
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry

I am really scared that we are not going to get our TRA approved in time before hubby's 45th and so completely miss our chances of ever getting to Oz, so I need to know there is someone here I can talk to and who will understand.[/QUOTE]

Hi there.

Things can be a bit intense on here for one reason or another and I have learned not to take too much to heart although this rule can be broken if you know what I mean.

However its like everyday life, you wont get on with everyone. With regards to your TRA, its always worth doing a search and you can have your pick of the answers.

I know what you mean, my husband is 43 in September and we are sailing close to the wind with the time limit as well.

Its just as you know, with full time jobs taking over your life and every day problems, its not always possible to do it as quick as you like.

Stick with the board, everyone has their disagreements but I think on the whole, its a nice crowd that give incredible support when its needed.

PM me if you fancy a chat.

Samantha

Old May 23rd 2005, 12:40 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by soapy
I missed it all too and i'm an oldie so don't worry about it. I still ask stupid questions and Soapy still talks pish, it'll all come out in the wash. This happens every few months, you'll learn to love it or leave, its that simple really
im amazed, sometimes u make sense [/QUOTE]
Perhaps its time for me to leave
Old May 23rd 2005, 12:41 am
Master of verbal pish©

u will say anything to get karma
Old May 23rd 2005, 12:43 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by soapy
u will say anything to get karma
PISH!! I havn't had any for about a month
Old May 23rd 2005, 12:44 am
Professional Princess

im amazed, sometimes u make sense
Perhaps its time for me to leave [/QUOTE]

You walk out that door young lady and I will bring you back and send you to the Wombat.

Old May 23rd 2005, 12:44 am
Master of verbal pish©

PISH!! I havn't had any for about a month
sorted !!!!
anything else?????
Old May 23rd 2005, 12:46 am
High in the Dandenongs

Sam and soapy enough already, i'm not going anywhere. i had my hissy fit a few months ago so i'm right for a bit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.