Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A big aussie BUGGER!!!!!!

A big aussie BUGGER!!!!!!

Old Aug 13th 2005, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default A big aussie BUGGER!!!!!!

Sorry to swear, but I have a mole, a funny looking mole! Saw GP who was fab, took one look and referred me to local hospital. GP got the appointment within 7 mins!!!!! Went to hospital, had some snaps of it taken then a special scan, in colour, that looks at the different layers of the sub-cutaneous tissue. They told me they don't do biopsy's anymore as the scan is just as effective, and if they're going to take a sample they may as well take the whole thing away - fair enough!

The scan people told me that if all was ok, my GP would get a letter within 3 weeks just to advise of results, if things weren't ok I'd be seen in clinic asap and an appointment would be sent to me in the post. Well I got home from work today and found the dreaded letter on my doormat! Can't believe it really. Seen Monday, letter Saturday. Not sure what to think.

All I can say is check the soles of your feet!!!! I only spotted the mole by accident trying on flip flops!
Old Aug 13th 2005, 5:48 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A big aussie BUGGER!!!!!!

Originally Posted by glittababe
Sorry to swear, but I have a mole, a funny looking mole! Saw GP who was fab, took one look and referred me to local hospital. GP got the appointment within 7 mins!!!!! Went to hospital, had some snaps of it taken then a special scan, in colour, that looks at the different layers of the sub-cutaneous tissue. They told me they don't do biopsy's anymore as the scan is just as effective, and if they're going to take a sample they may as well take the whole thing away - fair enough!

The scan people told me that if all was ok, my GP would get a letter within 3 weeks just to advise of results, if things weren't ok I'd be seen in clinic asap and an appointment would be sent to me in the post. Well I got home from work today and found the dreaded letter on my doormat! Can't believe it really. Seen Monday, letter Saturday. Not sure what to think.

All I can say is check the soles of your feet!!!! I only spotted the mole by accident trying on flip flops!
Thinking of you. Hope all goes ok for your clinic appointment.

Ginny
Old Aug 13th 2005, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stitch
Thinking of you. Hope all goes ok for your clinic appointment.

Ginny
I hope so too! Very nervous but glad it's being dealt with so quickly. Must be honest, I've always put sun block on the tops of my feet and lower legs, but never on the soles of my feet! My GP told me melanoma's are most common in women on their lower legs and soles of feet. Seems such a strange place to get it!
Old Aug 13th 2005, 6:04 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Glittababe
What a scarey letter to get, sounds like they are on the ball totally though and dont mess around when it comes to things like this.
I would never have thought to check soles of feet, thats a bit worrying.
Good Luck, and will be thinking of you.

Sharon
xxxx
Old Aug 13th 2005, 6:46 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Thinking about you, hope results are not as bad as you are fearing - karma sent.....my friend has also just had suspect mole removed from her back and is waiting on the pathology results.

Good luck,

Lynn x
Old Aug 13th 2005, 6:53 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that is fast but maybe they are just playing safe, but I would rather be safe than sorry. Sooner you get seen the sooner they can say "everything is ok".

Fingers crossed for you.

Shirley
Old Aug 13th 2005, 9:43 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

flippin heck!!
not surprised you are swearing!!
hope the appointment goes ok and its nothing too serious.......my god, i bet most of the posters on here are checking their feet - (mine are ok!) - but an excellent post to raise a very serious point.

hope all is well

sue x
Old Aug 13th 2005, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

I hope so too! Very nervous but glad it's being dealt with so quickly. Must be honest, I've always put sun block on the tops of my feet and lower legs, but never on the soles of my feet! My GP told me melanoma's are most common in women on their lower legs and soles of feet. Seems such a strange place to get it!
thinking of ya glittababe. what a total bugger. my aussie chiropractor told me the same thing, and said to keep an eye in between toes and soles etc. will attempt some karma for ya.
Old Aug 14th 2005, 12:29 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Well I got home from work today and found the dreaded letter on my doormat! Can't believe it really. Seen Monday, letter Saturday. Not sure what to think.

Very best of luck for the next hospital appointment, and will be thinking of you...

Cheers,
Anya.
Old Aug 14th 2005, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by anya4oz
Very best of luck for the next hospital appointment, and will be thinking of you...

Cheers,
Anya.
Thanks for the replies and karma! Feels really weird looking at my foot now, I just want them to get rid of the bugger! Will keep you updated! Fingers crossed it all goes to plan X