Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Beware of Lastminute.com

Beware of Lastminute.com

Old Feb 23rd 2007, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future
Default Beware of Lastminute.com

We booked from Manchester to Brisbane going through London and Hong Kong on Cathay Pacific.

I called ahead 4 days ago on Cathay to book our seats and meals etc and everything seemed fine.

When we got to the airport we found out that Cathy don't fly from Manchester and we would be going on BA to London before getting a Cathay Plane, so went to check in at the BA desk only to be told he had no details for us, so we went to the ticket desk where he said ourflight to London was cancelled by BA as they couldnt get any response at all from Cathay regarding our ticket numbers so if they can't they just cancel.

So I asked the ticket desk man to sort it and after about 30 minutes of keying in something to his computer and much tutting about it not being their problem we finally got the BA flight to Manchester but only because there were seats left, otherwise we would never have got their in time for the HK flight. He said Cathay were notorious for this

So on getting to the boarding we hand our trolley in and ask if we can have it back in London and HK and the girl says no it will go to Brisbane, so nevermind we thought.....

At Cathays desk in London I politely asked to be upgraded for the inconvenience of their error and was rudely brushed away by the supervisor their who said in the end that it was Lastminutes fault so why should they (Cathay) compensate us in any way, my argument was that I'm the customer and It matters not whose fault it is I expected better treatment, she said Lastminute are notorious for not putting the correct details.

So after everyone blaming everyone but themselves we got on the flight and went through HK on to Bris with no problems, until of course we got to Brisbane and ll our lugage came except for........ The trolley.

Slightly needed as we wanted to be looking round places with the kids and had lots of walking to do.

When we asked at baggage, they said it was left in ...London, so after all that we could have had our trolley whilst we were waiting round with tired young kids in London and possibly Hong Kong.

Moral of the story is don't book through Lastminute.com or is it don't book Cathay Pacific from Manchester, I don't Know. I am also very puzzled as to who to complain to.

Good luck anyone else booking flights I'm sure it will be OK for most people.
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 8:43 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beware of Lastminute.com

Originally Posted by caleb2003
We booked from Manchester to Brisbane going through London and Hong Kong on Cathay Pacific.

I called ahead 4 days ago on Cathay to book our seats and meals etc and everything seemed fine.

When we got to the airport we found out that Cathy don't fly from Manchester and we would be going on BA to London before getting a Cathay Plane, so went to check in at the BA desk only to be told he had no details for us, so we went to the ticket desk where he said ourflight to London was cancelled by BA as they couldnt get any response at all from Cathay regarding our ticket numbers so if they can't they just cancel.

So I asked the ticket desk man to sort it and after about 30 minutes of keying in something to his computer and much tutting about it not being their problem we finally got the BA flight to Manchester but only because there were seats left, otherwise we would never have got their in time for the HK flight. He said Cathay were notorious for this

So on getting to the boarding we hand our trolley in and ask if we can have it back in London and HK and the girl says no it will go to Brisbane, so nevermind we thought.....

At Cathays desk in London I politely asked to be upgraded for the inconvenience of their error and was rudely brushed away by the supervisor their who said in the end that it was Lastminutes fault so why should they (Cathay) compensate us in any way, my argument was that I'm the customer and It matters not whose fault it is I expected better treatment, she said Lastminute are notorious for not putting the correct details.

So after everyone blaming everyone but themselves we got on the flight and went through HK on to Bris with no problems, until of course we got to Brisbane and ll our lugage came except for........ The trolley.

Slightly needed as we wanted to be looking round places with the kids and had lots of walking to do.

When we asked at baggage, they said it was left in ...London, so after all that we could have had our trolley whilst we were waiting round with tired young kids in London and possibly Hong Kong.

Moral of the story is don't book through Lastminute.com or is it don't book Cathay Pacific from Manchester, I don't Know. I am also very puzzled as to who to complain to.

Good luck anyone else booking flights I'm sure it will be OK for most people.
from memory, i am sure that a flight itinerary had to provided showing the carriers used. there are a lot of flight around the world that use other airlines. i am sure it is law to provide such an itinerary. IMO, the tour operator is at fault. although, cathay is at fault with regard to the buggy (but that could happen with any airline, anywhere in the world)
Old Feb 23rd 2007, 8:58 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beware of Lastminute.com

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
from memory, i am sure that a flight itinerary had to provided showing the carriers used. there are a lot of flight around the world that use other airlines. i am sure it is law to provide such an itinerary. IMO, the tour operator is at fault. although, cathay is at fault with regard to the buggy (but that could happen with any airline, anywhere in the world)
As it did with us and Qantas - didnt reappear for 5 days and a twin buggy isnt something you can easily borrow....

Buzzy