Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Beware Emirates via Travelocity

Beware Emirates via Travelocity

Old Nov 25th 2005, 12:53 pm
In The Sunshiiiiinnnnnne

Comer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant future
Default Re: Beware Emirates via Travelocity

Originally Posted by spottydog
I haven't received them yet but I've a friend who works for emirates who has checked their system and confirmed we are down as on a migrant ticket with a 40kg allowance. I also phoned their sales team a couple of times and spoke to different people and asked each time what our allowance was an they have all said 40kgs.

You did well to get that. I faxed my visa to a nice lady called Janice at Emirates who was very apologetic and said that I couldn't have 40kgs because of my previous validation visit. I didn't argue because I'm relieved to have the flight booked. Plus I'm taking the same old cruddy case anyway
Old Nov 27th 2005, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

si.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
Nope - Malaysian's website always quotes the full fare economy.
For Malaysian air you are better off going to your travel agency or Expedia.

Your right, just got a flight with Malaysian for £2300 with 2 nights in KL from a travel agent. Accommodation, transfers and insurance inc.
Old Nov 27th 2005, 9:22 am
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute

Booked our emirates flights with travelocity, so this thread had me worried.
Rang emirates last night, no problems and have pre-booked our seats, they also told me to fax them a copy of our visa's and we should get the 40kg allowance.
Paid £1800 for 4 one way to Perth in Jan.

Kevin
Old Nov 27th 2005, 9:56 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by si.young
Your right, just got a flight with Malaysian for £2300 with 2 nights in KL from a travel agent. Accommodation, transfers and insurance inc.
that's sounds a much better price!