Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Beware Emirates via Travelocity

Beware Emirates via Travelocity

Old Nov 24th 2005, 10:45 am
In The Sunshiiiiinnnnnne

Comer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant future
Default Beware Emirates via Travelocity

Just a friendly warning. I booked a one way Emirates flight to Sydney on Monday evening from Travelocity for £453.

48 hours later I got a call to say that the price from the Emirates system had increased to £2100

I ranted a bit and they said they could do it for £1947 so I hung up.

I panicked a bit because the flight is for Dec 4th and decided to ring Emirates direct and they booked the exact same flight last night for £478 (same as their website).

I may have been unlucky but I thought I'd mention it.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 10:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beware Emirates via Travelocity

Originally Posted by Comer
Just a friendly warning. I booked a one way Emirates flight to Sydney on Monday evening from Travelocity for £453.

48 hours later I got a call to say that the price from the Emirates system had increased to £2100

I ranted a bit and they said they could do it for £1947 so I hung up.

I panicked a bit because the flight is for Dec 4th and decided to ring Emirates direct and they booked the exact same flight last night for £478 (same as their website).

I may have been unlucky but I thought I'd mention it.
Seems like the difference between economy and business class. No airline will charge over £2K for an economy one way, unless it's to the moon.

OzTennis
Old Nov 24th 2005, 11:02 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Seems like the difference between economy and business class. No airline will charge over £2K for an economy one way, unless it's to the moon.

OzTennis

Yeah, sounds like travelocitys allocation of economy seats was used up so they were trying to get you to pay business. I'm suprised they didn't at least admit it was business class you were paying for.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 11:51 am
In The Sunshiiiiinnnnnne

Comer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by A dogs life
Yeah, sounds like travelocitys allocation of economy seats was used up so they were trying to get you to pay business. I'm suprised they didn't at least admit it was business class you were paying for.
Ahh the penny drops! Well they never mentioned Business Class but that price makes sense. To their credit they have emailed me to say that they are sending a £50 voucher but I'm playing safe this time by going direct to the airline.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 12:06 pm
In The Sunshiiiiinnnnnne

OzTennis
I should have asked them for a transit stop on the moon and listened for the reaction
Old Nov 24th 2005, 12:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell that must have been horrible for you.

Mmm I am doing the direct airline thing as well. So does it pay to get a return then? I mean is it cheaper?

lace x
Old Nov 24th 2005, 12:27 pm
In The Sunshiiiiinnnnnne

Originally Posted by lacey21
Bloody hell that must have been horrible for you.

Mmm I am doing the direct airline thing as well. So does it pay to get a return then? I mean is it cheaper?

lace x
I was a bit of a panic but I felt a wally when 20 mins and one call later the woman from Emirates said that there was no problem with their price and booked the flight.

I've booked a one way because I'm coming back in July for my brothers wedding and I'll book a return in Sydney at that time because I can give my new employers definite dates for my 'holiday' to the UK. I don't know whether it would cheaper a particular way.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 12:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that
I thought I would ask as my mum will be coming back but we wont hopefully lol

I thought it may have been cheaper
hugs Lace x
Old Nov 24th 2005, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

I booked our tickets with Emirates phone sales and I have to say they've been great.

They provisionally booked the tickets so the price wouldn't go up then I faxed them copies of our visa's along with details such as we are migrating, previous visit to validate the visa due to a slow housing market etc. They then kept me updated with the progress and once the 40kg allowance was agreed phoned me up to take my credit card details.

Can't fault them so far.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 1:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Comer
I should have asked them for a transit stop on the moon and listened for the reaction
Thinking about it later the price quoted is about what you would pay for a RETURN business class fare so it seems even more bizarre!

OzTennis
Old Nov 24th 2005, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Keith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spottydog
I booked our tickets with Emirates phone sales and I have to say they've been great.

They provisionally booked the tickets so the price wouldn't go up then I faxed them copies of our visa's along with details such as we are migrating, previous visit to validate the visa due to a slow housing market etc. They then kept me updated with the progress and once the 40kg allowance was agreed phoned me up to take my credit card details.

Can't fault them so far.

Is the 40kg allowance actually printed on your ticket, as i've heard there can be problems at check-in if not. Lol
Old Nov 25th 2005, 5:53 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

OzTennis
Oh yes they do. When I was looking for flights in June, 3 tickets, one way, BA were quoting £9,300 in economy! We paid considerably less than that with Cathay Business Class.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Keith&Lol
Is the 40kg allowance actually printed on your ticket, as i've heard there can be problems at check-in if not. Lol
I haven't received them yet but I've a friend who works for emirates who has checked their system and confirmed we are down as on a migrant ticket with a 40kg allowance. I also phoned their sales team a couple of times and spoke to different people and asked each time what our allowance was an they have all said 40kgs.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

si.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Vanessa
Oh yes they do. When I was looking for flights in June, 3 tickets, one way, BA were quoting £9,300 in economy! We paid considerably less than that with Cathay Business Class.
Got a quote off Malasian yesteday, 11 grand for 4 in economy, had to be wrong.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 12:45 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by si.young
Got a quote off Malasian yesteday, 11 grand for 4 in economy, had to be wrong.
Nope - Malaysian's website always quotes the full fare economy.
For Malaysian air you are better off going to your travel agency or Expedia.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.