Between flights

Old Dec 30th 2003, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Between flights

I'm getting ever so slightly twitchy now as the big day draws closer. I've started to have very odd dreams involving very large creepy crawlies, planes crashing (due to watching castaway I think)etc.
To top it all though I've started thinking about the 50 minutes we will have in Singapore between our flights. I was told that we wouldn't have to transfer our luggage but am looking for some reassurance on this.

Have people ever had to transfer their own luggage at Singapore when changing planes.

Thanks for any help

Claire
Old Dec 30th 2003, 8:04 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Between flights

Originally posted by claireg3
I'm getting ever so slightly twitchy now as the big day draws closer. I've started to have very odd dreams involving very large creepy crawlies, planes crashing (due to watching castaway I think)etc.
To top it all though I've started thinking about the 50 minutes we will have in Singapore between our flights. I was told that we wouldn't have to transfer our luggage but am looking for some reassurance on this.

Have people ever had to transfer their own luggage at Singapore when changing planes.

Thanks for any help

Claire
You sound stressed. Don't worry I have never had to transfer my baggage on an international transfer. This includes Singapore airlines. It all goes through seamlessly. Who are you flying with?
Old Dec 30th 2003, 8:04 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by claireg3

Thanks for any help

Claire
Do not worry about your luggage. I've changed planes in worse airports than Singapore, and never lost any yet.
And, if you are only on the ground for 50 minutes you probably aren't even changing planes. So the luggage can't go anywhere.
I have had changovers where i have been on the ground for 20 hours, and not had to handle my luggage. So again, "Don't Worry"

Old Dec 30th 2003, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers guys. I knew someone would know. We're flying with Singapore - and I am not the best flyer in the world:scared: so I won't relax until we land in Perth really.

I've been fairly stress free up til now apart from the dealings with solicitors but for some reason I am now bricking it - not the move to Oz itself but mainly the flying and losing luggage as well as keeping an eye on a 5yr old and a 3 yr old (plus 35 yr old hubby).

Having said all that though I'm excited and looking forward to a bit of a holiday before i start work at the end of Feb.

Claire
Old Dec 30th 2003, 8:32 am

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Claire,

I've flown with Singapore twice before (and booked again with them for validation trip in Feb) and had no problems at all with luggage, or anything else. As ABCDiamond says, if you only have 50 minutes it's probably a refuelling stop and you may not even have to get off the plane - nor will your cases!

Plus the Singapore airlines flight staff are really good and so helpful - many people have posted on here that they're one of, if not the best airline you could go with.

So try to relax and enjoy the trip; it's not surprising that your nerves have kicked in but all will go smoothly, I'm sure.

And just think what you have to look forward to when you get off that plane at the other end - I'm so jealous!

Good luck,

Elaine
Old Dec 30th 2003, 8:50 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Dont worry Claire

You wont need to transfer your own luggage in Singapore.

As if by magic you will put it on in Heathrow and it arrives in Oz.

Lots more things to worry about than luggage mate.

TT
Old Dec 30th 2003, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

Claire

You sound like you're looking for something to stress over, dont, there will be plenty of things without you looking for more.

Look at your tickets, is there a different flight number for the lon-sin and the sin-per bit? if so then you change aircraft, as you only have a 50 minute change it will be tight, but as it is a recognised connection you will be protected, ie, if you dont make the connection due to a late arrival then you will be carried on the next flight, similarly if your baggage doesnt make the transfer which is not unusual in that short a change then they will put your bags on the next flight and then deliver them to you at your address in perth.

I dont mean this to put the wind up you, and 50 minutes is plenty time to get yourselves through singapore airport as you dont have to change terminals, but there is always a chance that your bags wont make it, if your first flight is late in.

So my advise, if there is anything you desperately need when you get in then hand carry it, if your bags dont make the connex then you will get them very quickly anyway.

Happy Travels

Lynn
Old Dec 30th 2003, 8:58 am
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about

Good luck, it's getting close for a few of us now.
Don't forget to pack a Wilson football, a lighter & a penknife.
Old Dec 30th 2003, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

piers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant futurepiers_morgan has a brilliant future
Default NO WORRIES MATE

We've been to Singapore Airport and love it and fully understand why it's always voted as the best airport in the world. So whether you're stuck there for 50mins, 5 hours or 10 hours, you don't need to worry. It's smooth running will make a pleasant surprise from the ailing airports of the UK. Cinema, garden, restaurants, free sightseeing in the city....

As for Singapore Airlines, they're one of the best in the air. So you've picked the right route to go. We fly via the US and have a 5 hour stop-over in LAX. I know which way I would have preferred! So relax, enjoy the flight and just think what you'll be doing in Oz!

Good luck!
Old Dec 30th 2003, 8:02 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Singapore is a really easy place to change planes. You don't see your luggage at all; all you need to look after is your hand luggage. They'll give you your boarding card for Sinapore when you check-in in London.
When you get off the plane they will probably tell you which gate you need for the reboarding so listen to the crew announcements. All the gates are very clearly signposted so just make your way to the gate you need (probably very close to where you got off!).Be warned, you will need to go through the electronic security again and Singapore's machines have been triggered to my knowledge by hiking boots with metal eyelets, and by the metal studs on jeans! You'll need your passport and boarding card to enter the gate, then sit and wait for boarding.

Have a good flight!!