Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Which is better? Toploader or frontloader!

Which is better? Toploader or frontloader!

Old Feb 7th 2010, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which is better? Toploader or frontloader!

Another frontloader fan here as well. We have a Bosch one.

If you can, shop around. We looked at Retravision, Good Guys, Rick Hart, and Harvey Norman. We found buying therm all in the same shop was not the cheapest option. We ended up with the fridge-freezer from the Good Guys, the washing-machine and phone from Rick Hart, and the TV and DVD recorder from Retravision.

For us, three of the shops were in the same centre, i.e. we could walk from one to the other and the 4th shop was just over the road. So, it wasn't too much hassle to check out all four.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 1:37 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Another vote for toploader, Bosch, Goodguys.

Mine has a 15 minute "refresher" cycle that is good for doing odd things I'd normally hand-wash, and more cycle combinations than I know what to do with. I wash most things at 30C these days, with eco-friendly products, and they wash just fine.

(Am I the only one singing "Dancing in the Moonlight" every time I see this thread?)

(Not now, I bet. )
Old Feb 7th 2010, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by West Vic
Top loader!

Also you could spend all flipping day trying to get through a few loads of washing on a front loader. The longest cycle on my top loader is 40 mins. When I went home last year I couldn't believe how bloody long a wash took on my dads front loaded.

Anyhow, a load of washing done in 40 min is always going to win by me.
My fronloader does a load in 35 mins.

So frontloader all the way!
Old Feb 7th 2010, 2:14 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by elice_in_oz
My fronloader does a load in 35 mins.

So frontloader all the way!
Yes mine too. Perfect for most stuff. If I bump up the temp a bit it takes 45 mins for more soiled stuff
Old Feb 7th 2010, 4:07 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Front loader!!!!

Top loader are horrible, they ruin your clothes.
Front loaders have a handwash cycle....for that alone they are worth their weight in gold.
My front loader (fIsher and Paykel) has a quick wash cycle (30 mins) and a daily load cycle which is about 45 mins, as well as the longer more intense cycles for bedsheet, towels etc.
I would never use a top loader again for love nor money.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 4:12 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider

Mine has a 15 minute "refresher" cycle that is good for doing odd things I'd normally hand-wash, and more cycle combinations than I know what to do with. I wash most things at 30C these days, with eco-friendly products, and they wash just fine.

(Am I the only one singing "Dancing in the Moonlight" every time I see this thread?)

(Not now, I bet. )
Not now no!!! Can't get the bloody tune out of ma head! Reminds me of Jamie Oliver too for some bizarre reason, VERY irritating!!! Thanks
Old Feb 7th 2010, 4:17 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
Not now no!!! Can't get the bloody tune out of ma head! Reminds me of Jamie Oliver too for some bizarre reason, VERY irritating!!! Thanks
Sainsburys ad wasn't it?
Old Feb 7th 2010, 4:42 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by West Vic
Top loader!

I love how you can add stuff to it if you forget. Can't do that with a front loader once the door locks. Believe me i've tried

Also you could spend all flipping day trying to get through a few loads of washing on a front loader. The longest cycle on my top loader is 40 mins. When I went home last year I couldn't believe how bloody long a wash took on my dads front loaded.

Also top loaders are easier on you physically, no squatting on the floor or bending over too much.

I nearly always use the low water usage unless it is a large wash. I find even on low it uses a lot of water anyhow.

I used to think top loaders didn't get your clothes as clean as a front loader but after 5 years now I don't notice anymore, or my standards have slipped.

Anyhow, a load of washing done in 40 min is always going to win by me.
Samsung J845 front loading washing machine
  • The Stop and Add function allows you to stop the washing process, open the door and place any forgotten articles into the wash. The built-in sensors will detect also the level of water, so that the door can be opened only when the water is at a safe level.
  • When all you have is a half load, SAMSUNG brings you the half-load option.
  • Quick wash option - 30 minutes

Old Feb 7th 2010, 5:15 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Which is better? Toploader or frontloader!

Front loader every time. Top loaders are horrible machines.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 6:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Satch_Boogie
My wife is a front loader convert as when she left the States they didn't do anything but top loaders. Front loaders are much easier on the clothes and seem to clean them better. She hates going home for visits and doing laundry now due to the top loaders.
Same here. All of the affordable machines in Canada were top loaders (water hogs). And our top loaders were massive compared to the Aussie ones.

I love our front loader. The only downside is the small capacity. But aside from that, I'd never go back...

And mine also has "quick wash," daily wash, whatever...about a dozen cycle choices...
Old Feb 7th 2010, 7:23 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykT8OXsZoj4

what's wrong with a bit of top loader ??
Old Feb 7th 2010, 7:58 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider

(Not now, I bet. )
I can't believe I wrote "toploader" and now I can't edit it.

Got the band on my brain, obviously.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

Front loader

Mine has a fast wash which is a 20 minute refresher wash - a hand wash (works great) a normal wash with time saver button and all the other washes you can shake a stick at!!!!
Old Feb 7th 2010, 11:14 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

Front Loader all the way......

Welcome to Australia too

Jan
Old Feb 7th 2010, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

shirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud of

Whirlpool 10kg frontloader.........I think I love it more than my hubby

Shortest cycle 30 minutes@ 30 degrees for light soil.........up to 2 hours cycle for the real dirty stuff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.