Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Better times for Bundy

Better times for Bundy

Old Feb 29th 2004, 7:25 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Better times for Bundy

Well blow me down if Mr Bundy hasn't just gone and proposed to me!!! Yes, whilst walking along the beach this morning in the beautiful sunshine (and howling gale), at the exact same spot where my dad proposed to my mum 34 years ago, he dropped to his knee and popped the question. I said yes, of course! He and my dad had been plotting this for days, although I had an inkling he would ask me today. My dad managed to keep it a secret from my mum (a major achievement) so she was pretty surprised (although, after nearly 5 years, no one can really say they didn't see this coming!).

I pointed out to Mr Bundy that Feb 29th was the day that women could propose to their men and he made me ask him, so we're quits. He reckons it's a good bet proposing on a leap year because he will only have to fork out for an engagement anniversary present every four years, cheeky git. Haven't got the ring yet - he proposed with his mum's ring (she died when he was small) but it's not exactly my taste, so I'm getting my own. And will be going ring shopping whilst here on the tax haven of Jersey to get more for Mr Bundy's money! Such a hardship that diamond is my birthstone....

So, all very happy, champagne has flowed. God knows when we will get married as we always said we'll get hitched in the little church in Nundle. And who knows when we will make it to Oz...Of course plans are dependent on my mum. Maybe in 2006.

I've just put Mr Bundy on the plane back to the UK Feeling a bit sad now. But I'm definitely going home next weekend for a whole week, so not too long to wait.

Bundy the Betrothed
Old Feb 29th 2004, 7:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Congratulations Bundy. I would like to wish you all the best for the future.
Old Feb 29th 2004, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Bundy

The best I can wish you is (some time in the future when that day comes) to be as happy to retire with Mr B as I am that Mr A retired to be with me last Friday.

Reading it over, that sounds odd but I have had 1/2 bottle of wine

Old Feb 29th 2004, 7:35 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

so glad to hear that admist all the sadness, something good has happened.

We truly wish for you everything you wish for yourselves and then some. Hope the wedding in nundle is (eventually) perfect. You will have so many people on this forum offering to be bridesmaids you will need a HUGE church.

M&C

PS, please say HI to your mum for us and tell her to keep up the good fight.
Old Feb 29th 2004, 7:40 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Fantastic news
Congratulations Bundy and Mr Bundy x
Old Feb 29th 2004, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

wombat is an unknown quantity at this point

congratulations
Old Feb 29th 2004, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Congrats, why not have 2 weddings?, one for your mum and then get a blessing in the little church in Nundle. I know it can be done in OZ (2 weddings I mean), because wev'e had friends do it married in UK then again over here. Just a thought, Congrats
Old Feb 29th 2004, 7:45 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!!!!

Lots & lots of good wishes coming your way! Hope you are as happy as we are

Pollyana & The Bloke
xx
Old Feb 29th 2004, 7:45 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Blimey - and who said Aussie blokes weren't romantic!!

Biggest congrats - your family deserve something good to look forward to and now your Mum can get herself into a nice tizzy about colour co-ordination and bridesmaids dresses instead of worrying about other stuff.

If it wasn't first thing in the morning I would have a little glass of something but as it wil render me useless for the rest of the day (as one glass will never suffice) I will wait until the sun is over the yard arm.

Very happy for you ( and with regards to bridesmaids can I nominate myself and WBB - he would look great in lilac taffeta!)
Old Feb 29th 2004, 7:50 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollster
Very happy for you ( and with regards to bridesmaids can I nominate myself and WBB - he would look great in lilac taffeta!)
Now thats a picture I would pay a lot of money to see

Billy. are you prepared to shave your chest for this ?
Old Feb 29th 2004, 7:51 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone. It's a good feeling!

Might do the two wedding option, although it's all a bit in the future at the moment. My brother gets married in July, so we have to get that out of the way first. I've always had this vague dream of getting married in Nundle because it's such a pretty little church and we could have a massive knees-up in the pub afterwards, which has a gorgeous garden running down to the river. Of course, everyone is invited (when it eventually happens)!

My god Pollyana -WBB in a dress. Yikes!

Mr Bundy has always been very romantic. Don't know where he gets it from...maybe it's his pommie blood. It was rather lovely, and if we can be half as happy as my parents then we'll be doing pretty well.
Old Feb 29th 2004, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Better times for Bundy

Hi Bundy
once again your post bought tears to my eyes!
i am soooooo over the moon for you, so good to know that romance is still in abundance!
best wishes to you and Mr Bundy,
with love and hugs
rach & family xxxxx
Old Feb 29th 2004, 7:55 pm
WBB

congrats bundster, mr bundy is a lucky man.

sorry to let you down but i dont think a shaven chest and a bunch of flowers is my scene, may i suggest you try jack daws.

good luck bundster.

Old Feb 29th 2004, 8:00 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Bundy.
Something to smile about

Best wishes

G
Old Feb 29th 2004, 8:51 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Bundy, nice to see some good news for you. But be wary of that blanket invite to the wedding ...... remember, unlike most people on this forum I know where Nundle is, I might actually turn up .

Once again, congratulations from Dagboy & myself

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.