Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Better than Christmas!

Better than Christmas!

Old Feb 17th 2004, 10:51 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Better than Christmas!

Sod Christmas, just wait till your shipping arrives!!!!
The neighbours have just watched me dancing a jig as the truck with the container pulled up

Now they KNOW I'm bonkers!!!!

And yes, the Pink Chair has arrived! In one piece!!!!

Pollyana is now a VERY happy bunny!
Old Feb 17th 2004, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Great stuff Polly!!!!

It will make you feel a lot brighter onw you got your old stuff around you... i didn't feel properly settled till mine came
Old Feb 17th 2004, 10:55 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Better than Christmas!

Originally posted by Pollyana
The neighbours have just watched me dancing a jig as the truck with the container pulled up

But what about the back scratcher Polly ?
Did you get it ?
Old Feb 17th 2004, 10:56 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Default oh pollyana

im so chuffed for ya!!!!!!

this pink chair........... have i seen it in anne summers? the one wiv an attachment........ maybe not as you say it came in one piece

love boomie
xx xx

just wondered why you were so eagar for its arrival
Old Feb 17th 2004, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

You know a lot about this chair Boomie....... have you got one???
Old Feb 17th 2004, 11:01 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

what about the missing box(es)???
how exciting for you.......!!!!!

sue
Old Feb 17th 2004, 11:02 pm

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by podgypossum
You know a lot about this chair Boomie....... have you got one???

five kids podgy........

what do you think.......

love boomie
xx xx
Old Feb 17th 2004, 11:03 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I remember the joy. After living off the contents of a suitcase for 3 months I was glad to have the stuff. The Mrs more so. Have you got all your boots products?
Old Feb 17th 2004, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ahhh..ok.. well buy the chair then..it'll save you a lot of money in the future!!!!!!

Sorry Polly...not meaning to hijack...i'll shut up now
Old Feb 17th 2004, 11:05 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

No, hasn't got any attachments! Its about 4' 6" high, and its a luminous pink, swivelling, velour covered chair! Will try and post a pic later. Very treasured possession and I had to fight to keep it cos loads of mates were offering it a home!

OSS (Brisbane) were great; ***** ******** were just pathetic, they hadn't lost any boxes at all - they are all here. Much stress for nothing and complaining letters coming up!

The only damage so far appears to be the stuff that AQIS inspected! Small piece broken off the base of the chest of drawers for example, where the packing had been opened & resealed.

Full report later as I have to go to work......and can't unpack the rest yet! Grrrr
Old Feb 17th 2004, 11:08 pm
Home and Happy

Oh yes Bondi - the Boots stuff! AQIS looked at it but let it in, and the bathroom is now full!!!!
Old Feb 17th 2004, 11:09 pm

[
The only damage so far appears to be the stuff that AQIS inspected! Small piece broken off the base of the chest of drawers for example, where the packing had been opened & resealed.

You mention ya drawers............... can ya take pine furniture?

love boomie
xx xx
Old Feb 17th 2004, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

cookies is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Pollyana

Good luck with the unpacking!

Our furniture arrives 26 February, after leaving us in the UK on 25 November 03. Did you have similar delays - presumably because of Chrismas holiday stoppages?

We are probably going to put our stuff in store and wait till we find somewhere permanent to live. We have lasted for this long, so an additional month or so will be no worries.

Steve
Old Feb 18th 2004, 6:00 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Way to go POLL!!!
It's just the best feeling make the most of it! However it ebbs away after you realise for the 5th day running that you havn't actually finished unpacking after all! These pesky boxes keep popping up is places i'd forgotten we had
PS. Theres no way the house will be finished for your imminent arrival! Maybe next grand prix hey
Old Feb 18th 2004, 6:26 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Thank God the stuff has arrived so Pol won't be goimg nuts waiting for it. It has really been hell waiting and knowing there is not a darn thing that could be done. At least I won't have the urge to ring some of the incompetants and go go off my trolley (not that it would do much good).

Flat now resembles a warehouse, but as Pol is such a good organiser it will disappear fairly quick( if needed my brother said we could leave some of the boxes in HIS warehouse).

Very worried myself as it is hard to replace most of the items in she has brought out. Sentimentality cannot have a price put on it.
Next thing we shall need is somewhere bigger to live.

But until then.............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.