Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Which is better? Living in Australia or Dubai!

Which is better? Living in Australia or Dubai!

Old Dec 4th 2007, 9:21 am
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question Re: Which is better? Living in Australia or Dubai!

Originally Posted by DerekM
Having passed through Dubai airport recently - its the pits - I know where I would rather be! Ok I know the airport is not Dubai ....but!
At least they are making good revenue from their duty free shop and airport.The new airport will be having glass runway. There is no comparison between Sydney airport and Dubai airport.

Actually in Dubai they have clearly proved to the western countries that how to really spend money on the infrastructure?
Old Dec 4th 2007, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which is better? Living in Australia or Dubai!

Originally Posted by DerekM
Having passed through Dubai airport recently - its the pits - I know where I would rather be! Ok I know the airport is not Dubai ....but!

Interesting. I found Dubai one of the better airports in the world.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 10:27 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smurtaza
Actually in Dubai they have clearly proved to the western countries that how to really spend money on the infrastructure?
Australia would have the best infrastructure in the world if we imported slaves from Asia to work 7 days a week for next to nothing.

http://hrw.org/english/docs/2006/11/12/uae14547.htm

I've been to Dubai, it's not a bad place for a stopover but in my opinion to even consider living there, compared to Australia you'd have to be insane.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:18 pm
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by renth
Australia would have the best infrastructure in the world if we imported slaves from Asia to work 7 days a week for next to nothing.

http://hrw.org/english/docs/2006/11/12/uae14547.htm

I've been to Dubai, it's not a bad place for a stopover but in my opinion to even consider living there, compared to Australia you'd have to be insane.
.We are all high tax paying slaves in Australia so at the end of the in Australia we all are getting nothing too.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:27 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

.We are all high tax paying slaves in Australia so at the end of the in Australia we all are getting nothing too.
Apart from the baby bonus - even if the baby is born outside Australia.

Seems pretty generous to me.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:35 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Apart from the baby bonus - even if the baby is born outside Australia.

Seems pretty generous to me.
I find GST specially very generous.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 12:20 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I find GST specially very generous.
Most countries have some form of GST/VAT. At 10%, Australia's GST is much lower than most of Europe.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 2:34 am
Banned

Most countries have some form of GST/VAT. At 10%, Australia's GST is much lower than most of Europe.
Australia is very far away from Europe (economically and geographically).Australia has a laid back living style. Europe (EU) is world's strongest economy and Australia should be compared with its neighbours Malaysia and Indonesia.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 2:59 am
Proudly Deplorable

Australia is very far away from Europe (economically and geographically).Australia has a laid back living style. Europe (EU) is world's strongest economy and Australia should be compared with its neighbours Malaysia and Indonesia.
Move there then. Life in the west is not for you.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 3:14 am
Banned

Move there then. Life in the west is not for you.
Cannot move already struggled a lot to make new friends, new relatives, new parents in Australia.Should we start everything again from the begining? Move once but always make a smart move.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 3:21 am
Oxford - SEQ August 07

Urno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really nice

Cannot move already struggled a lot to make new friends, new relatives, new parents in Australia.
New parents! I could use a couple of these, if only temporarily. Where do you get them
Old Dec 5th 2007, 3:22 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Urno
New parents! I could use a couple of these, if only temporarily. Where do you get them
Try radio rentals mate!lolz
Old Dec 5th 2007, 3:28 am
Proudly Deplorable

Cannot move already struggled a lot to make new friends, new relatives, new parents in Australia.Should we start everything again from the begining? Move once but always make a smart move.
Then stop whinging and get on with it.

Life is good here but it don't come easy.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 3:29 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

That would be like comparing chalk with cheese. Europe economic, Tax and legal structure provides a better comparison.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 3:30 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

What makes me laugh is if we had no GST and no stamp duty where is the tax revenue going to come from?

At least with GST we can be selective. Income tax is still lower than NZ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.