Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Better late than never

Better late than never

Old Mar 23rd 2004, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

NJFOZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Better late than never

Better late than never - got this today, best 6 Nations joke this year - esp. if your not english :-)

GIRL'S DIARY

Saturday 6th March 2004

Saw him in the evening and he was acting really strangely. I went
shopping in the afternoon with the girls and I did turn up a bit late so thought it might be that.

The bar was really crowded and loud so I suggested we go somewhere quieter to talk. He was still very subdued and distracted so I suggested we go somewhere nice to eat.

All through dinner he just didn't seem himself; he hardly laughed, and didn't seem to be paying any attention to me or to what I was saying. I just knew that something was wrong. He dropped me back home and I wondered if he was going to come in; he hesitated, but followed.

I asked him again if there was something the matter but he just half shook his head and turned the television on. After about 10 minutes of silence, I said I was going upstairs to bed.

I put my arms around him and told him that I loved him deeply. He just gave a sigh, and a sad sort of smile. He didn't follow me up, but later he did, and I was surprised when we made love.

He still seemed distant and a bit cold, and I started to think that he was going to leave me, and that he had found someone else. I cried myself to sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

BLOKES DIARY

Saturday 6th March 2004.

England lost to Ireland. Gutted. Got a s**g though.

Old Mar 23rd 2004, 8:00 am
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Better late than never

Originally posted by NJFOZ
Better late than never - got this today, best 6 Nations joke this year - esp. if your not english :-)

GIRL'S DIARY

Saturday 6th March 2004

Saw him in the evening and he was acting really strangely. I went
shopping in the afternoon with the girls and I did turn up a bit late so thought it might be that.

The bar was really crowded and loud so I suggested we go somewhere quieter to talk. He was still very subdued and distracted so I suggested we go somewhere nice to eat.

All through dinner he just didn't seem himself; he hardly laughed, and didn't seem to be paying any attention to me or to what I was saying. I just knew that something was wrong. He dropped me back home and I wondered if he was going to come in; he hesitated, but followed.

I asked him again if there was something the matter but he just half shook his head and turned the television on. After about 10 minutes of silence, I said I was going upstairs to bed.

I put my arms around him and told him that I loved him deeply. He just gave a sigh, and a sad sort of smile. He didn't follow me up, but later he did, and I was surprised when we made love.

He still seemed distant and a bit cold, and I started to think that he was going to leave me, and that he had found someone else. I cried myself to sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

BLOKES DIARY

Saturday 6th March 2004.

England lost to Ireland. Gutted. Got a s**g though.

Mate
Dont give up your day job will you?