Reload this Page >

Better introduce myself!

Better introduce myself!

Old Jul 14th 2004, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

pmclough is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Better introduce myself!

Hi,

Thought I'd better introduce myself onto this site ( Ive already posted a topic!) rude of me, apologies and to say Hi!

I'm in the IT industry ( Contractor, for the last 6 years) and we have been applying to emigrate to Oz for the last 2 1/2 yrs thru 4 corners Emigration Agency in Manchester. We are from the Norht West of the UK.

When I say trying, I mean we just havn't got round to filling all the tedious questions in and the TRA etc etc etc!! We are nearly there now but the situation has changed with my job forcing us to get a move on.

I landed a Job in Melbourne ( well actually they contacted me!) as an IT contractor for a min of 12 months so I go ( not the wife , shes coming out with my daughter in October) in 8 weeks time!!! So we have jsut got to get a couple of things done and we can finally submit our application! Long Process as you are all aware and its making the time. My wife and I are both self employed so if its not work, its the accounts etc etc.

Anyhow , found this site as there was a mention of it on another site I was looking at for info on Melbourne.

This is a really good site and Ive glad Ive found it. So there you have. Im nervous aboput goin, lived and worked in many places but not that far away and its not like you can come back if you forget your best shoes! But looking forward to it.
Old Jul 14th 2004, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

hi and welcome to the forum - good luck with your plans.
Old Jul 14th 2004, 1:31 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Welcome, hope the site helps you & the family & might catch up with you in Melbourne one day in the future.
Old Jul 14th 2004, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Britishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Better introduce myself!

Originally posted by pmclough
Hi,

Thought I'd better introduce myself onto this site ( Ive already posted a topic!) rude of me, apologies and to say Hi!

I'm in the IT industry ( Contractor, for the last 6 years) and we have been applying to emigrate to Oz for the last 2 1/2 yrs thru 4 corners Emigration Agency in Manchester. We are from the Norht West of the UK.

When I say trying, I mean we just havn't got round to filling all the tedious questions in and the TRA etc etc etc!! We are nearly there now but the situation has changed with my job forcing us to get a move on.

I landed a Job in Melbourne ( well actually they contacted me!) as an IT contractor for a min of 12 months so I go ( not the wife , shes coming out with my daughter in October) in 8 weeks time!!! So we have jsut got to get a couple of things done and we can finally submit our application! Long Process as you are all aware and its making the time. My wife and I are both self employed so if its not work, its the accounts etc etc.

Anyhow , found this site as there was a mention of it on another site I was looking at for info on Melbourne.

This is a really good site and Ive glad Ive found it. So there you have. Im nervous aboput goin, lived and worked in many places but not that far away and its not like you can come back if you forget your best shoes! But looking forward to it.
Welcome! This site is a gold mine of information.

My husband is a contractor too (limited company basis) and as company secretary I get to do all the accounts so I can sympathise! We're looking at going soon too, I'm an Australian citizen by birth, and hubby is going to apply for a spouse visa. We went to Melbourne in May/June, and found it rather cold - mind you, nowhere near as cold as it is here in the UK at the moment, and it was winter down under. What does that say about the UK? Best of luck with the visa, and keep us informed on future progress.
Old Jul 14th 2004, 6:38 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

You're halfway there of you've found this site!

You can almost always bank on an answer to any question within the hour - someone else had always been there, done that.

You do have to pay back though - the newbies feed off the oldies!