Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bet You Heard It Before But .....

Bet You Heard It Before But .....

Old Sep 19th 2004, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

The Welsh Wizard & co is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Bet You Heard It Before But .....

Moving To W.a. In The Next Year Or So,
Pleze Can Someone Tell Me Will My T.v, Radio,dvd, Hi Fi And Video Recorder Work Over There.
Anything You Recon Not To Bring ???? like should i bother bringing over my tumble dryer or is that a daft question ???
Old Sep 19th 2004, 10:56 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bet You Heard It Before But .....

Originally Posted by The Welsh Wizard & co
Moving To W.a. In The Next Year Or So,
Pleze Can Someone Tell Me Will My T.v, Radio,dvd, Hi Fi And Video Recorder Work Over There.
Anything You Recon Not To Bring ???? like should i bother bringing over my tumble dryer or is that a daft question ???
As far as I know, Australia has the same voltage as the UK, so your electrical equipment should work. You just need to change the plugs.
I'm happy to stand corrected by the way if this isn't the case....
Old Sep 19th 2004, 11:08 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

TV will work through an aussie video (although some peeps have worked on there own)

Videos won't have any sound.

Dvd's ok if multi region.

Hi fi and all other eletricals fine. I would bring the tumbler as contrary to somes beliefs, it does actually rain in Aus
Old Sep 19th 2004, 11:25 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Bring the tumble dryer; and if you have a front-loading washing machine, bring that too!!!
Old Sep 19th 2004, 11:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Bring the lot if you have space to.

Our big Philips Tv works fine and has sound out here, the 2 portable we got to work through a new video. Also we unlocked our DVD players and they both work fine too. I have a tumble drier though have only used it about 5 times! Still worth bringing it though.
Old Sep 20th 2004, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about

Yes - we brought everything except the TV - we just had zillions of plugs to change