Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

best and worst airlines to flight with?

best and worst airlines to flight with?

Old Sep 4th 2011, 11:44 am
Just Joined

blitz900 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default best and worst airlines to flight with?

hi guys, im booking my flight to melbourne today and before i book it i was just wondering if anyone knows the better airlines to flight with and also which ones to avoid.

thanks
Old Sep 4th 2011, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

MAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to all
Default Re: best and worst airlines to flight with?

I think that it's a matter of value for money... I've heard that one of the best is Emirates and the worst one Air China.
We found a great deal through IOM for two tickets to Sydney with BA which I've heard is pretty decent too.
Old Sep 4th 2011, 12:23 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Singapore, Emirates, Thai (not in any particular order) are advertising deals from time to time, see what you can get from either of these three. I have also heard that Qatar airlines (sp?) are quite good, but I have not used them personally.
Old Sep 4th 2011, 12:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I flew with Etihad last year, I was really impressed with the whole experience. Would fly with them again no worries
Old Sep 4th 2011, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

martin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud of

I've flown to Oz with quite a few now and my favourite was Cathay Pacific.

BA-Ok but not the best service
Qantas- Fine, nothing special but zero leg room on some aisle seats due to entertainment box.
Thai- Very poor, old 747 with no inflight entertainment on UK to Bangkok leg
Chinese Airlines(not air china)- Service Ok, 13 hour tapei to london though due to them not being allowed to fly over China
Cathay Pacific-Great as the person in front cant recline, food and service good.
Old Sep 4th 2011, 3:13 pm
Banned

RossCountyLoyal is an unknown quantity at this point

Do not go with Brunei airlines. Spilled a hot drink over my wife and never even apologised !! Also, no alcohol served.

My advice in booking flight is to negotiate with the price, don't just take the first price and book. When you get a quote from an agent, play the number off to other agents, and ask them to try and beat it.
Old Sep 4th 2011, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

randb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by blitz900
hi guys, im booking my flight to melbourne today and before i book it i was just wondering if anyone knows the better airlines to flight with and also which ones to avoid.

thanks
We usually flight with BA and it is pretty good. Take the economy plus, is a little bit better than economy but not crazy expensive.
AA sucks and Delta will loose for sure your luggages ...
KLM is pretty good but still prefer BA.
US Airlines are cheap and crap ...
My two cents from US
Old Sep 4th 2011, 8:25 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
Emirates because of the 30kg allowance in economy and consistently good aircraft product.
Singapore airlines for consistent quality of service.

Avoid
Qantas, brunei, Thai in economy from London and anything Chinese.
Old Sep 5th 2011, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

JoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeBloggs80 has a reputation beyond repute

All depends on your priorities and how fussy you are really. You'll get some emotional outbursts against companies from some people due to one bad experience.

I've only gone Virgin, Qantas and Emairates and they were all fine. But as long as I've got a backseat TV and plenty of food and booze I'm easy. I'm one of the lucky ones who can sleep anywhere
Old Sep 10th 2011, 7:50 am
Just Joined

blitz900 is an unknown quantity at this point

well ive booked with singapore airlines due to them being the cheapest that people recommended. im flyin in november so i will update when ive landed and let you all know what i thought. maybe this will help someone else.

look out australia here i come!
Old Sep 10th 2011, 8:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

well ive booked with singapore airlines due to them being the cheapest that people recommended. im flyin in november so i will update when ive landed and let you all know what i thought. maybe this will help someone else.

look out australia here i come!
We came over on Singapore, they were pretty good. We had a 18 hour wait there so booked 12 hours in the airport hotel. Really comfy bed
Old Sep 10th 2011, 8:58 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RossCountyLoyal
Do not go with Brunei airlines. Spilled a hot drink over my wife and never even apologised !! Also, no alcohol served.

My advice in booking flight is to negotiate with the price, don't just take the first price and book. When you get a quote from an agent, play the number off to other agents, and ask them to try and beat it.
We had great service with Royal Brunei. If they weren't stopping their Brisbane flights I'd happily use them again.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Wishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really niceWishwewerethere is just really nice

Singapore, flown with them twice, excellent with the kids will see to them even when you are asleep.The crew surprised the kids with a birthday cake each as both had their birthdays whilst inflight.Superb!Flew in 380 nice and smooth!
Old Sep 11th 2011, 12:37 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wishwewerethere
Flew in 380 nice and smooth!
That's due to the weather....not the plane.

I have had a very rough flight in a 380.

I have also had some of my worst flying experiences with Singapore
Old Sep 11th 2011, 12:44 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Qatar and Emirates get my vote - both had good leg room and weren't full so we could stretch out and enjoy the surprisingly decent entertainment systems.

We always aim for the less obvious ones in the hope people with kids don't use them as a flight without screaming kids is worth immeasurable amounts of money. Looking forward to Air Pakistan, Aeroflot Afghanistan etc starting up flights between here and the UK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.