Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best way of transfering money from the uk?

Best way of transfering money from the uk?

Old Jul 8th 2008, 9:45 am
Just Joined

leighbethell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best way of transfering money from the uk?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi everyone

After selling our house in the uk, Does anyone know the best way of transfering a large amount of money to oz (does that make me sound like a drug dealer?), cause when i do it through the banks i ALWAYS get less than what i thought, I heard you can buy shares in a big worldwide company in england and then take them out in oz ? does anyone have any ideas?
Old Jul 8th 2008, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

noggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to all
Default Re: Best way of transfering money from the uk?

moneycorp
Old Jul 8th 2008, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

SiennaRowe is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Best way of transfering money from the uk?

That's what I was gonna say!!
Old Jul 8th 2008, 11:13 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by leighbethell
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi everyone

After selling our house in the uk, Does anyone know the best way of transfering a large amount of money to oz (does that make me sound like a drug dealer?), cause when i do it through the banks i ALWAYS get less than what i thought, I heard you can buy shares in a big worldwide company in england and then take them out in oz ? does anyone have any ideas?
Ozforex are very good.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

RCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud of

HiFx are good (at least I've always found them so) and there are numerous banner ads on the site that you can click through.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

abertawe is an unknown quantity at this point

How many of you phone to make the transaction and how many do it online.

And if you make the transaction online is it easy transfering from current bank to mid man and then to the bank. And how easy is it fixing the currency rate online.

Which is best phone or online particularly if you are already in OZ.
Old Jul 8th 2008, 1:06 pm
rab
Forum Regular

rab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leighbethell
Hi everyone

At the current exchange rate leave it exactly where it is ... in the UK.