Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best way to ship my hand tools

Best way to ship my hand tools

Old Mar 11th 2007, 9:10 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best way to ship my hand tools

Originally Posted by stu:0
Just wondering wht would be the best way to ship my hand tools. Im an electrician so there will be my best hand tools,drill and test meters. Maybe 20-25kg weight wise. Was going to put it in my luggage but not sure i can fit it all in. We arnt shipping any other gear and i could probably manage without them until we go(use my old gear). Any ideas???

Stu
you can always send some stuff to my house if you want mate. i wouldnt pack to many clothes. the last time i wore a pair of jeans was 2 years ago in blighty.you dont need jumpers, shoes, or any of the heavy stuff. i wouldnt bother bringing a jacket either. just pack a couple of extra bags and when people come and visit over the next few years get them to bring stuff out for you. i would just bring the drill and the meters and maybe your favourite screwdriver (wonder if thats just me or do all sparks have a favourite driver).oh and bring a tool belt if you have one and you could just put all the heavy stuff in your hand luggage because as far as i know they dont weigh that.
Old Mar 11th 2007, 11:01 am
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by youngy73
you can always send some stuff to my house if you want mate. i wouldnt pack to many clothes. the last time i wore a pair of jeans was 2 years ago in blighty.you dont need jumpers, shoes, or any of the heavy stuff. i wouldnt bother bringing a jacket either. just pack a couple of extra bags and when people come and visit over the next few years get them to bring stuff out for you. i would just bring the drill and the meters and maybe your favourite screwdriver (wonder if thats just me or do all sparks have a favourite driver).oh and bring a tool belt if you have one and you could just put all the heavy stuff in your hand luggage because as far as i know they dont weigh that.
Hi mate, iv sent an application in to that company to see how much we'r looking at to get them sent. And yes i think we all have a best screwdriver and your side cutters have to be your best friend I keep forgetting that we wont need any warmer clothes. I might have a packing test run!
So much for a nice birthday had a call out at 2am and just got back from another, gona be one of them days!

stu
Old Mar 11th 2007, 4:58 pm
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Just incase anyone was interestd i filled out the form for shipping my tools with excess baggage.com, a guy rag me today i put down for a small chest 25kg and door to door service. worked out £95 with insurance of £600. I thought that was fairly good. Thats by sea, 8 weeks max.

Stu